Thread: Hornady Manual - 8th edition

Default Hornady Manual - 8th edition

Mine came in todays mail and I highly recommend it. Tons of updated information and newer calibers that were not in the previous manual.
    Could not find one locally so this one was ordered from Midway, just under $30.
    Tennessee

Thanks for the report Snowwolfe, I am waiting on mine. I ordered it this week, but hasn't arrived yet. I am itching to study the new data showing RL17 and Superformance and Leverlution powders. I haven't used the last two, but have used RL17 quite a bit and am curious if my loads are too warm or not. I have gotten some great velocity with RL17 out of 7mm-08 and 338-06 without pressure signs that I can discern.

Usually there is no free lunch when it comes to powder and velocity, but I like trying the new ones. That is one of the satisfying things about hand loading, trying the many combinations until you get great velocity and accuracy in a safe pressure round.

The Superformance is another one just waiting for me to try it out, and I will as soon as I can find the powder in stock! I remember going throught the same thing with RL17. Everyone on the net was praising it and giving great chrono numbers, and it was months before I could get a pound! Oh well, getting there is half the fun, right?

Winter is when I tend to sit by the fire and read and re-read the loading manuals for fun. I bought a new one the other day called "Modern Reloading 2nd Ed." by Richard Lee. It is 719 pages and a nice edition to my reloading library. I also learned a lot I didn't know about Mr. Lee and his company.

I ordered one, as well. Hornady's #4 is the most recent one I have from them, so I'll bet there's a whole pile of new stuff in #8.

Is there any info specific to the GMX bullets in this new version?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    Is there any info specific to the GMX bullets in this new version?
    Specific? Not sure what you mean, but they are listed as choices under different calibers with the appropriate load data being given in a generic way.
    Tennessee

i am hoping to get the 8th edition for christmas......and like you guys like to read them for entertainment. in speaking with the nice folks at hornady it seems that bullets AND powder will be available this year to duplicate their leverevolution ammunition. that will be great! levergun shooters have never had it so good.

merry christmas to all you handloaders out there!!
    happy trails.
    jh