Thread: Cabelas and Campmor

Default Cabelas and Campmor

Had a nice picnic sunday, memorial day weekend, outside of nome. We've been planning to do some camping this summer, but haven't got all the gear together yet. After the picnic, decided to start our summer camping the next weekend. We needed a tent and some other camping gear tho. Mem. day weekend isn't the best time to start ordering goods.
    Looked thru Cabelas and found what we wanted, we thought. Decent tent, not too expensive, sleeping pads, etc. Cabelas is open 24-7.........have your credit card ready. The tent we wanted only weighed 13 pounds. Not that big, but Cabelas classed it as an oversize order and wanted over 50 bucks for 2nd day air. Plus, the sleeping pads we wanted were out and not to be stocked till fall. Bummer. Now what?
    Started looking at the Campmor catalog, then checked their website. They had some useable tents on sale, and also had the exact same pads that we had wanted. Unfortunately, they aren't open(even the phone order section) until normal biz hours(New Jersey time). Got up at 4 am tues. morn to make the call. Thery had everything I wanted in stock and...............only 22 bucks for the entire order to send UPS 2nd day air. The order even made it here in the 2 days.
    So, thanks to Campmor we are off for a beaver trapping weekend.
    I'm a loyal Cabelas user, but a guy has to do what a guy has to do.

Mike-

I am about 20 minutes drive from campmor. As far as camping/footwear/backpacking supplies and quality of inventory go, they blow Cabelas away. Their customer service is great, backorders are rare and prices and shipping costs are better than Cabelas. I love Cabelas, and have a store 1 1/2 hours from my door, but, if you camp and hunt, Campmor is the place to buy your camping supplies from.

-Steve

Default That's quick!

Martin Trapper, Have a great trip, should be fun, and good luck with the beavers.

-The roses are blooming down here . Its getting downright hot.

-Dan

Thumbs up Campmor Rocks!

I have a Cabelas visa & have bought alot of stuff from them, but when it comes to camping gear Campmor is awesome. Great selection.Shipping is reasonable to AK from NJ. I bought a roll-a-cot from them a few years back & was one of the greatest investments I've ever made. Gets you high enough off the tent floor to store gear underneath. Also made of mesh so you stay dry, even after a week of tentbound on Montague Is.