Thread: Pelican Gun Case Cut-Outs?

Default Pelican Gun Case Cut-Outs?

Is there anyone in the interior that custom cuts the foam in Pelican cases, as a business?

I have a Pelican case to fit my rifle and accessories, just need to find someone in the interior that does that.

I understand Wild West Guns in Anchorage does that, but looking for someone in the interior.

Checkout you tube, shows many way of doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw4oueYrcnk

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Is there anyone in the interior that custom cuts the foam in Pelican cases, as a business?

I have a Pelican case to fit my rifle and accessories, just need to find someone in the interior that does that.

I understand Wild West Guns in Anchorage does that, but looking for someone in the interior.
    Slowpoke,

Run down to Big-V and buy yourself a used electric knife. Outline your rig in Magic Marker then cut the outline away. Or if you are a glutton for hardship, use a scalpel or Exacto-knife.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Ralph's pelican cases come with Pick N Pluck foam inserts

Thanks, Brees, but the pick-n-pluck foam leaves squared off edges. I have the single piece foam inserts that came with my Pelican case.
    I may take on the project myself this winter, trying the electric knife method. I understand that some people outine it with toothpicks first as the magic marker on black foam may not be visible?
    Looked at the hot knife/ wire set up sold by AIH but they wanted $200, plus for that. Have seen cheap hot wire units on the web, though.

I guess there is a u-tube video for everything, including wiping your.......
    I've cut many gun cutouts from the foam in Pelican cases...It just take a sharpee marker, a sharp knife (not a cheap cutco) and a little patience. It ain't rocket science.

Where would we be in times of need were it not for scanning our witts off the internet and viewing utube??!!
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?