Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you shoot all your guns?

Default Do you shoot all your guns?

Are all your rifles and hand guns shooters, or do you have some for collectible pieces or as heirlooms?

I have reduced my "armory" to just rifles and shotguns I own for a purpose such as a specific type of game or home defense. I do, however, possess an H&R .22 pistol my dad got right after WWII which I seldom shoot, and a Remington M. 742 .308 I traded for a Mosin Nagant with my son which I'm scared to shoot. Other than that they all get exercised.

How 'bout you and yours?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i have my hunters and my hangers... some from my dad that are here just to be here.. with NOW 6 shooters in the house.. my hunters all get a work out
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Not all my guns get shot nor cleaned nor handled as often as they should. Several are kept around to fill the void, so I don't get a notion to fill that void.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Interesting question Sayak...(and I really like your new signature line). With few exceptions, I've been a buy and hold & inherit and hold guy. Therefore, I've got some safe queens and then I have 5 or 6 regular go to's.

Yep I shoot them all.A fancy gun thats not used is art and does not serve it purpose.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

The past few years I have not been able to shoot nearly as much as I would like simply due to economics and the many interests I pursue. I do have collecter firearms that only see the light to get checked and wiped down, then back into the safe they go.

I have a 1892 Argentina Mauser that I don't shoot, heck I don't even know what caliber it is, I got it as a gift 12 years ago or so. Other than that, I shoot all my other guns, some more often than others, I am not a gun collector, I do not have any hand guns either, I buy a gun with the intention of using it.

All of my guns are shooters but not all of them get shot or if they do get shot get shot very often. A small selection of them are my favorite shooters and those are the ones that normally get taken to the range. For hunting its my 300 win mag and 375 H&H, smaller game its my 12 ga 870 or 10-22 or MKII. Then the Interarms 30-06, Remington Mod 8 in .30 Rem, and Winchester 101 just collect dust for the most part. Then there are the wifes and kids guns which all get used.

I shoot most of mine, more so the lighter calibers for target practice. I also shoot my .44 often so I stay in tune with it. But these days I find myself shooting my bows a lot more(daily) and going into the field more so with it as well.

Yes I shoot both of mine.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I don't have any all show no go rifles but I do have several that just don't get drug out into the field anymore. My dad gave me his 7mm mag before he retired down south. It is a M77 tang safety Ruger and is in food shape with an old weaver scope on it. I killed my first ou w/ it and doubt I will ever sell it. I may pull it out and hunt with it again but it sure is hard to justify when it shares a safe with a SS 270WSM tikka and a SS 325WSM Browning Abolt. It just seems that regardless of what I am hunting one of those other guns is a better fit... I also have a 30-30 win 94 that never makes it out further than the range one or twice a year. I am thinking about restocking it in a synthetic and getting it tefloned by Black Ice. Add a scout scope and some lever evolutions and it may make a slick predator gun!

I really haven't shot much the past few years, unless its shooting at animals. Last winter I went to the range a few times, but that was mostly to try out a new gun. I have a 270 ruger and an old winchester 1895 in 30-40 I haven't shot in years. I have a 36 cal muzzleloader I have never shot. once in awhile I will run a mag or two through the glock while out hiking around.

My problem with shooting is, I demand to much from me and my guns. When Im out shooting I get frustrated. If I just use my guns for hunting, Ill bag my animal with them and be happy. No need to look for that one hole 3 shot group on a dead moose.

If I have it, it gets shot. A gun that won't get shot is a really pricey paperweight- I don't care how collectible a piece might be.

I've got some family heirloom type stuff I still hunt with- maybe hunted very gently but I still hunt with it. I got my last couple of grouse with a 1930s vintage Winchester M37 20ga from my great grandfather. They don't make them like that anymore.

All the rifles I own are shooters although I have around 8 that get leaned on the most. Having a somewhat extensive collection of early Winchesters I choose not to fire most of them. I look at them as a "savings bond" that holds a place in a "gun safe"..LOL
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

"this ones my rifle, this ones my GUN, this ones for fighting, this ones for fun!"

I only have 1 gun.
    Semper Fi!

Well huh! the way you talk I thought you might have three and six appendages.

Guns is generic to me, but I will say that I only have one hand GUN and a bunch of shotGUNS and a handful of rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Well huh! the way you talk I thought you might have three and six appendages.

Guns is generic to me, but I will say that I only have one hand GUN and a bunch of shotGUNS and a handful of rifles.

thats the spirit tiger! go get um!
    Semper Fi!

Even the Corps had guns most in 12guage
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    thats the spirit tiger! go get um!
    Tiger... hmmm... thanks (I think).

Wow man you all own plenty of rifles. Makes me envious after financial problems I sold all of mine but my lovely wife picked me up a mkII smle in a 303 British shoot plenty of india made ammo through it. Again you are all lucky to have so many rifles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast