Thread: Got a few mounts back yesterday

Default Got a few mounts back yesterday

I got my DCUA sheep, Kodiak Blacktail, and Kotzebue moose rack back from the taxi yesterday, just thought I would share the final results. Knights in Anchorage did the work, 12 month turn around on the deer, 4 months on the sheep, and three months on the moose rack. I browsed old threads looking at pictures of others mounts to get ideas so here is my contribution back... First ones of the sheep
    Attached Images Attached Images

Deer and Moose...

Very very nice Swimmer!
    I think that sheep is sweet - would be interesting to see it on a dark plaque or a wood finish background! Thanks for sharing!
    Randy
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Congratulations on a couple of fine animals...enjoy reliving each hunt when you look at them on the wall.

Sheep is legal, but I'd wait for a better look, the deer is a shooter and the moose I would say is a touch under 50", but legal with the 3 brow tines... Oops, sorry, I'm still in the zone with the "guess the size threads".

Real nice mounts CG, thanks for sharing.

You got a good laugh out of me with that one Jerod. CG you had a great year and have some nice mounts to show for it.

But really, like Jerod said, we are in the zone. What were the numbers on the sheep? Probably posted with the hunt pics but I don't remember.

If they eat as good as they look on the wall life will be gravy from here on.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Those came out great and sounds like you got a quick turnaround on them as well!

Quote Originally Posted by smarion View Post
    You got a good laugh out of me with that one Jerod. CG you had a great year and have some nice mounts to show for it.

But really, like Jerod said, we are in the zone. What were the numbers on the sheep? Probably posted with the hunt pics but I don't remember.
    The ram was 9.5 years old, 37" x 14"

Nice!! My DCUA sheep is ready at Russ Knights as well. Will pick it up after Christmas. Looks like a pedestal mount??? Mine should look very similiar.

Well done.

Brian

Default Moose

Curious as to the measurements on the moose, all the mounts look very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC RET View Post
    Nice!! My DCUA sheep is ready at Russ Knights as well. Will pick it up after Christmas. Looks like a pedestal mount??? Mine should look very similiar.

Well done.

Brian
    Thats great Brian, I would be interested in seeing your mount as well once you get in back, almost looks like they could be related from your avatar photo!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    Curious as to the measurements on the moose, all the mounts look very nice.
    When I measured it in the field I came up with 63". I just measured again with it being stable on the wall and got 62" with 8" inbetween the bases. I probably made an error measuring in the field unless they shrink that much during their drying period. Anyone else have their rack lose any width after it's up on the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    The ram was 9.5 years old, 37" x 14"
    I misjudged your moose. I was guessing mid-50's, but I nailed your sheep. My first guess was 9 1/2 years old and 37". Nice ram.

Nice sheep mount that thing is gorgeous love the way the shoulder area is displayed on it those look awesome.