Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess this Caribou's B&C score

Default Guess this Caribou's B&C score

first off I did not shoot this caribou or have any part in the hunt. I merely found a picture that had a score associated with it for the purposes of this thread. So what are your guesses on the score?

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

I have no idea on the score, but it does look like it has a nice double-shovel and lots of points on the rest of the set.

I have been trying to track down someone to score a couple of my racks, but have not gotten any responses back yet. If anyone knows of a good recommendation, please let me know (through PM if you want to keep from flooding this thread). I'm not looking to record anything, just looking for my own information.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

385 net ....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

My first thought was 375-380.

Kind of hard to tell from just one angle, but I'll guess 370 net

Hard to tell how long those Bez are. 397"

I'm thinking 150# of brunch and camp meat
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I'm thinking 150# of brunch and camp meat
    Those were pretty much my thoughts before I opened the thread. Don't know much about B&C but looks like good eats to me.

He's pushin' 400 nice animal.

My very uneducated guess was going to be 385 BC. Over 400 SCI as I believe they count all the top points whereas BC only takes the 2 longest on each side. I could be wrong though as I am working from memory here. Beautiful 'bou though.

360, difficult from only one angle and being in velvet.

400 gross. Not sure on the net score. Beautiful bull. Nice shovels, bez, and tops. Nontypical for sure, so there would be some deductions for sure.

375 net.....and thats a guess,,,need more photo's
    I ♥ Big Sheep

my guess is gana be 385 B&C, we killed 2 bulls around 360-370 this fall, but he looks a little bigger, nice bull, would be a lot nicer if he had hard brown antlers, they look so much better and dont loose as much mass after thet dry.

How does the double bez on his right antler score? Is it fully deducted from the score, not counted at all, or fully added? Needless to say, I'd be stoked to shoot that bull.

I'm not sure how that is scored but it's pretty unique having double shovels and a double bez on one side.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I have no idea on the score, but it does look like it has a nice double-shovel and lots of points on the rest of the set.

I have been trying to track down someone to score a couple of my racks, but have not gotten any responses back yet. If anyone knows of a good recommendation, please let me know (through PM if you want to keep from flooding this thread). I'm not looking to record anything, just looking for my own information.
    Go to the B&C website & follow the instructions to measure it yourself - its not rocket science.
    I don't think there are a lot of deductions (on a bou) - maybe a couple for length & diameter of mains.
    The top points aren't very long (from the angle shown) & won't help score high - after drying, I'm thinking under 365.
    Gary

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Go to the B&C website & follow the instructions to measure it yourself - its not rocket science.
    I don't think there are a lot of deductions (on a bou) - maybe a couple for length & diameter of mains.
    The top points aren't very long (from the angle shown) & won't help score high - after drying, I'm thinking under 365.
    Gary
    according to the B&C guy that scored my daughters.. bou always loose a bunch as none or them are cymetrical... my daughters scored 403 gross and netted 383... i guessed 385 on this one as it is a little more uniform in the shovel end and appears from the front to be apx the same on each side... though it does not appear to have the length or girth of hers..

as hers appears taller due to the pic in the OP the hunter is squatted down behind it... so here is one to compare too...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Been lots of scores that I would believe to be VERY close after drying. Range of 385-390 dried. What do we have for the winners Johnny??
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast