Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes you tick

Default What makes you tick

By this your favorite animal to hunt... I know a guy who will drop his plate of pancakes and two liter bottle of mtn dew and drive pass 4 60 inch bull moose during moose season to trying to get a brown bear.. Know another fella who will drop his can of coke zero to go chase caribou. Ask him to go moose hunting he will pass he lives for caribou hunting. Now for me I enjoy hunting them all but only one animal gets me going mule deer hunting... I will drop my plate of brownies, for some good mule deer hunting.

Call me crazy but I'd drop my plate of moose for some black bear hunting. And if out of state, I love chasing the elusive whitetail. From may til the end of june, I spend more time at my bear stands than at home

They are ALL my favorite to hunt! Spring black bear/grizz, Aug. sheep/caribou, Sept. moose/grizz, Oct. goat, Nov. moose/caribou. All good! Throw a bunch of beaver, muskrat, grouse, and duck hunting in between and it all good!

I'd drop my Weinhard's rootbeer, teriyaki sticks, cream filled maple bars, chicken gizzards, and pumpkin pie for a chance at a good snipe hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I will drop my plate of brownies, for some good mule deer hunting.
    Hash brownies?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Favorite animal to hunt? I've never had a hankerin' to shoot waterfowl, but I'll chase anything else at the drop of a hat! All time favorite would have to be caribou since you typically get to look over a lot of animals.

I don't know about dropping anything, but I have to agree with Northway, I love it all, thats why I live here, and I will go for any and all of it every chance I get until they cart me away. bear, moose, caribou grouse, duck or deer preds, and furry critters of all kinds. Salmon, trout, but or ling. I could never choose but will always wait like a kid for candy for whatever the next day is bringing. God made this land with me in mind, I have no doubt :-) My only goal in life each day is to have one more day to experience it with my kids by my side.
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

It's mallards for me. That 60" moose will have to crawl up in the back of my truck and shoot himself if he plans on going home with me during duck season. Having the retriever along makes it more fun.... and I can cook up a duck so good that if you put it on top of your head, your tongue would slap your brains out trying to get to it.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

BEAVER is my favorite

I always get a pretty good itch when grizzly season comes around, but I'll try every chance I get to go after caribou, just haven't dropped any food or beverages for caribou yet.

Wow, I have loved it ALL - hunt, fish, trap - hard to pick one - I think it depends on the time of year and as I have aged there have been some changes of thought.
    Whitetails - esp with archery equip would rank high, I have passed shooting waterfowl that were committing suicide to chase rutting bucks. Today moose have my nod - maybe its that I am getting too crippled to chase anything that big much longer - I dunno???
    I would love a dandy mule deer as its the last thing I have to take a decent one of.... Anybody got a honey hole for them and need a friend? Hmmm
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

September is by far my favorite month of the year and the reasoning being the moose rut. I love gettin after big bulls and hearin all the sounds of the moose rut. Although I must admit I would probably be a sucker for elk hunting if I didn't live in AK and instead one of the western states, hearing those big bulls scream early in the morning, or looking out into a meadow and seeing a herd of 50 elk or more out there milling around doing there thing would be sights to hear and see.

Mountains. Be it sheep, caribou, or goats, I just love the mountains. I'd love to kill a large bull moose, but man, moose hunting just bores the death out of me in the lowlands. I'd way rather be up in the alpine covering the miles as I look to the horizon.

Won't drop my plate for anything any more. I only give a 100% on bear hunting now when I decide I want one.All other hunting is now as much chance as try and mostly giveing company to a younger hunter who is still gung-ho for it all.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    By this your favorite animal to hunt... I know a guy who will drop his plate of pancakes and two liter bottle of mtn dew and drive pass 4 60 inch bull moose during moose season to trying to get a brown bear.. I will drop my plate of brownies, for some good mule deer hunting.
    I don't know about dropping my Mt Dew but the pancakes are hitting the tundra or dirt! Since when have you ever dropped a snack of any kind?
    Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    They are ALL my favorite to hunt! Spring black bear/grizz, Aug. sheep/caribou, Sept. moose/grizz, Oct. goat, Nov. moose/caribou. All good! Throw a bunch of beaver, muskrat, grouse, and duck hunting in between and it all good!
    I have a good point as long as it is in season and I can get out of the house and work it is all fun! Now I just need to win the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    I'd drop my Weinhard's rootbeer, teriyaki sticks, cream filled maple bars, chicken gizzards, and pumpkin pie for a chance at a good snipe hunt!
    Sign me up haven't been on a snipe hunt yet but hear they are one smart bird and take a lot of lead to bring down. Should I start looking for a 10 gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I don't know about dropping my Mt Dew but the pancakes are hitting the tundra or dirt! Since when have you ever dropped a snack of any kind?

I have a good point as long as it is in season and I can get out of the house and work it is all fun! Now I just need to win the lottery.

Sign me up haven't been on a snipe hunt yet but hear they are one smart bird and take a lot of lead to bring down. Should I start looking for a 10 gauge?
    Come on now this is a good thread we don't need your negative attitude bringing it down LOL... Lets see as far as snacks I think you are the snack king a case of mtn dew and a box of snickers in your back pack come on now. I had 4 bottles of water and a bag of granola...

Oh and soon as you find me some Mule deer up here you will see snacks, soda go flying nothing better to get your heart racing when you see a 28 inch or bigger mule deer buck standing in the middle of a sage brush on a cold september morning the sun starting to come up, frost on the ground. Or better yet been raining all night and there is slight drizzle and the smell of sage brush in the air man you all don't know what you are missing!

LMAO! Okay, I'll put you on some record book snipe then!

When was the last time you went in to get your heart checked out? A reminder our ranger medic buddy never has any tools of his trade on hunts. So if the big one hits for any of us our ranger buddy will stand there eating your cream filled maple bars as you/we clinch your chest and say I can't help you I didn't bring any first aid stuff. Aftger we are dead he will finish off the food drink your rootbeer and might go for help.

The hunts that I enjoy the most are the ones that are afforded to me and a select few that chose to take advantge of them, and honor that select privilage. I've taken several sea otter and there are more on the list. The next one involves a trip to the northern most coast of our great state.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast