Thread: 416 rigby action needed

Default 416 rigby action needed

My Brother in Law is collecting pieces to build a 338 Lapua. He's a lefty and would like a lefty 416 Rigby as a donor. A complete rifle minus optics or an action / barreled action would be fine.

If anyone has one they would like to sell or knows where he can get one please advise.

Lefty huh? Hmmmm....that's going to be spendy. Only lefty actions that large will be custom.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Lefty huh? Hmmmm....that's going to be spendy. Only lefty actions that large will be custom.
    Seems that way for now. I found a custom shop from info on another thread that builds a complete left hand 416 Rigby minus optics for $3500. He wont sell a barreled action or just his action unless he builds the package. His concept on a 338 Lapua is 180 degrees away from what we've got in mind.

I shoot with three guys plus myself each has a 338 Lapua Mag and one has a 338 Norma Mag in addition to the Lapua. We've got a pretty good idea what we want. The custom guy ran down every part of our systems, I told him to have a nice day...

I was looking for a donor 416 since the Lapua was based on the 416 case.

Still looking,

Why not a Tac 338 from Stiller? It is available (at least it is cataloged) in left bolt/left port.

LINK
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    Why not a Tac 338 from Stiller? It is available (at least it is cataloged) in left bolt/left port.

LINK
    Thanks Cor, I'll get right on it. The Brother in law is looking hard, I'll pass it on.

A quick look says they are not taking orders on complete packages. Perhaps they will sell actions or barrel actions.

Only actions. Pretty sure they are too busy trying to keep up with actions to do any barrel work.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Should be able to convert a lefty CZ 375 H&H by opening up the bolt face. These actions are huge and certaintly long enough. One listed on Gunbrokers for $1,800. Another option is to buy a Dakota action for about the same price. Might want to check with Montana Rifle Company and see what they offer as well.

I have a lefty CZ if you need any measurements.
    Tennessee

Got an email from Jeff Sipes at Montana Rifle Co. about inventory. Said they'll start the molds for LH stainless Professional Hunter actions in Jan, look for finished pieces later in 2011. Might be worth a call or email to see what he's got to say.