Thread: Heated Hemet Face Shields

Default Heated Hemet Face Shields

How many folks out here use heated helmets? I am wiring one to my 2010 Tundra Long Track. Do you have them wired hot whenever they are plugged in or do you have them so that they are powered only when the engine is running?

I really like having the heated face shield on my helmet. Mine was wired when I bought the sled, so I'm not 100% whether it is hot all the time or not. The one thing I would change about it, is to have the wire come out on the handle bars, rather than down closer to the tank. I have caught the cord a few times with my leg and pulled the connector out. My set up has 2 quick disconnect points in it, and I almost lost the center, main, section of cord once. One of my buddies has his coming out of the middle of his handle bars and it seems a lot nicer, and isn't in the way as much as mine.
    Use of product voids warranty.

I have the G-Max with heated face shield. It works great. Mine is only hot when the engine is running as I have no battery.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I ran one for a few years, but found it to be cumbersome and not all that effective. My riding style is pretty aggressive and I routinely separate (sometimes violently....) from my machine, the cord and RCA connectors wouldn't hold up. I also found that if the shield got wet at all then it couldn't keep up with the fog. Just my experience, but I wasn't impressed. I went with a motocross style helmet with goggles fastened with quik straps and never turned back.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Mine's wired hot as I have a battery. Went to a heated shield a few years ago after I wired up my wifes and found out how good they work. Both of ours have the connection coming through the handlebars, no issues with the wire being in the way.
    Pick up another set of connections and wire up your wheelers too, makes for a comfortable winter ride on them also.
    BK