Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Louise Poachers

Default Lake Louise Poachers

They finally caught one of them. I hear they ticketed a couple for net violations too.

Case number: 10-*******
    Type: Criminal Trespass I
    Text: On 12-8-10 at approximately 1830 hours Glennallen AWT contacted
    ******* ******** (age 58 / Wasilla) on Lake Louise. Investigation
    showed that *********had entered a cabin that he did not have permission
    to enter. ********* was issued a summons to the Glennallen Court for
    Criminal Trespass in the first degree.
    Author: LDD0
    Received Monday, December 13, 2010 10:13 AM and posted Monday, December 13, 2010 10:47 AM
    Last edited by LuJon; 12-16-2010 at 15:25. Reason: Posting names and links to the police blotter is against forum policy

ss - PM me your email address.

I predict lockdown in 3, 2, 1......
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

were they rooskiis or ukrainian?

Well, be they red, yellow, black or white along with any particular culture that goes with it, I'm glad they got the *******. Hope the others realize they can't get away with such crookedness. I think a lot of folks wrote the game guys to do something. I did.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Well, be they red, yellow, black or white along with any particular culture that goes with it, I'm glad they got the *******. Hope the others realize they can't get away with such crookedness. I think a lot of folks wrote the game guys to do something. I did.
    Thank-you!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Thumbs up

It's a start. I did a face to face with the Glennallen office. I was told they knew of the who and what, but LEO resources were thin. Thumbs up for those that helped get the ball rolling on this deal.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

it's a start but it wont stop it from going on. Like others said in previous posts state laws let you use a net for white fish in the lake and the way the law is on paper if the morons fished out the lakers and BB as by-catch all that would happen would be more regs on the sports fishers.

We also need to remember that the netting permit has been changed to NO RETENTION of lake trout. Alive or dead. Getting caught with a dead laker in their cooler would get them a ticket.

Mike
    Bill Hicks

I talked with Mark today the biologist who gives out permits for this and he stated that next year they will have to call in 24 hours prior to netting. I think this will greatly help the situation.. He also stated that any roosky or ukrain that turns onto lake louise road is called in and reported to someone before they even set a net.. I think the lodges have this covered..

That's been the answer all along; sic Tre' from the Wolverine on'm ;-)

A lot depends on how the judge rules. Courtview tells me that this individual has 2 previous F&G violations. I wonder if they will have any weight?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    A lot depends on how the judge rules. Courtview tells me that this individual has 2 previous F&G violations. I wonder if they will have any weight?
    This wasnt a fish and game violation was related but not the charge. My guess is no reflection of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    This wasnt a fish and game violation was related but not the charge. My guess is no reflection of crime.
    I gotta get back into the regs, but if I remember correctly, you cannot commit a trespass or other crime in the pursuit of subsistence.

A buddy of mine had his place broken into near Larson Bay in November so keep a look out. They took food and booze and broke windows. His place is secluded from the lake which is probably why it was targeted. I'd bet this is 100% connected to the poaching activity.

Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    A buddy of mine had his place broken into near Larson Bay in November so keep a look out. They took food and booze and broke windows. His place is secluded from the lake which is probably why it was targeted. I'd bet this is 100% connected to the poaching activity.
    That is exactly where this occured was by larson bay.. You may call the troopers and tell them what you know..

ssminnow I think I am friends with the person your referring to who got his cabin broke into. What a shame. I hope they finally get this netting thing under control.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 01-14-2011 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehnifer Quinn View Post
    @ssminnow I think I am friends with the person your referring to who got his cabin broke into. What a shame. I hope they finally get this netting thing under control.
    I talked to him a couple weeks ago. Have not met him yet though. Seems like a really nice guy. He is neighbors with the guy that I bought my lot from.
    Bill Hicks

Followup - The trespasser pled guilty and got a $100 fine plus $10 fees.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Followup - The trespasser pled guilty and got a $100 fine plus $10 fees.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I bet he will never do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I bet he will never do that again.
    $100 for weeks of free lodging......
    Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast