Thread: Looking for a good bird taxidermist

Default Looking for a good bird taxidermist

I posted this in the trophy care forum with no results. I was hoping some fellow duck hunters could help me out. Does anyone know of a good bird taxidermist. I have some ducks that I would like to get done. I have heard good things about Birds by Ed in Big Lake, I just havent seen his work. I am in Eagle River, and would prefer someone close. Thanks!!

Call Mark Oslund at Alaska's Real Life Taxidermy in Anchorage. He farms his birds out to a bird taxidermist who does a fantastic job.

344-6805

I have a pheasant that Birds by Ed did a couple years ago and it is fantastic. When they delivered mine they had a pair of harlequins in the car that were super. I will take more to him when the time comes. Several other Taxidermy shops send their birds to him.

I ended up using Birds by Ed. He has a mallard and a shovler that he was working on in the shop, and I thought they were great. I cant wait to get my surf scoter back!

You didn't see my surf scoter, common scoter, white winged scoter and goldeneye in there did you?
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Nope...The mallard and shoveler were the only ducks he had out.

Yes! Birds By ed is GREAT! He is actually my neighbor! He is very honest and a hard worker. does suberb work, he is actually teaching me and my brother how to do taxidermy! its sweet!

Second Ed's work...
    there is another thread here on forums with more suggestions...a search would get you there.

I just picked up my Barrows Goldeneye, and my Common Scoter from him today. They looke amazing, I have had 2 Harlequins and a Mallard done by him as well. All of the birds I have had him do look great.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!