Thread: new shocks

Default new shocks

Just got new walker Even shock on my skidoo xp today.

sweet are those the needle shocks with the dual rate spring? looks good, how's it ride and what'd u replace?

Looks Good!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Let us know how you like them......I went with HyGear Suspension on my Twin Spar with a triple rate spring setup with additional travel over stock. I rode for the first time this weekend and all I got to say is WOW!!!!!. I look forward to banging some of the big bumps up Petersville way here soon or screamin' up river.

i had hygear mod all my shocks on my twin spar also... it works real well, added on resiviors on the rear and center shock and added air control systems onto the fox floats up front and had everything revalved stiffer and ran dual rate twisted springs and bearcat torsion springs, can really hammer through the rough set up like that, my rear shock from hygear did lock up in the nome-golovin race last year though, but i had it rebuilt with some 3 weight racing oil and it hasn't had any problems since...

Yes there the needle shocks as far your fox floats 2 There junk. Period. Not really to sure on the rear yet but something will happen soon. I haven't rode with the evens yet other than down the ditch next to work felt pretty good. Going to ville sat. so i know by the bridge from the parking lot if they work good.

fox floats are actually working great on my 10 f8 sp, have em revalved and also have a reservoir added on em... got couple thousand miles on em without a rebuild and everything from racing to hittin 50 foot drops in the mountains, had em 60 below to 50 above and have worked fine, they actually work real good set up right... i guess if ur not smart enough to set em up right or have em set up right then yeah they will be junk... my buddy also ran a set of revalved floats in nome golovin a while back on an apex and got second as well, so they worked good for him too...

Franklim you are correct if there revalved from the get go there good. But for what i would pay to have them done the way you had your set up. I ended up going with the walker with are set up for drops and pounding hard on so i'll tell ya how they work in a month.

Hey akmike - Can you post a couple pics of your snowmachine lift?
    Thank-you,
    Mike
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I chose Zbros Exit shocks for my XP. Hygear had done work for me in the past but Monster Performance had a better handle on SkiDoo XP performance. At the time Ian was able to get to me much faster than Ross/Hygear, too. Ian hit a home run with the initial setup, both for springs and valving. These use dual rate springs on the ski shocks. Triple rates are used to lower the front. That's great for lower 48 groomed trail riders who want improved cornering but I didn't like triple rates for all-around riding. They were especially bad in deep snow. Those Walker Evans should ride great once they're dialed in. Did you have them valved to your specs? It'll be interesting to see how long they last between rebuilds. Was there any recommendation from the factory? I assume every year? I'd still prefer Ohlins if they made shocks for my current sled. But these Exits ride just as well, they'll just need recharging more often than Ohlins would. Have fun with those Walkers! If they're anything like my Exits your bump riding speed will triple. Give us a rider report after you get some miles on them!

here ya go dirtofak.