Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swap Hunt

Default Swap Hunt

Im interested in swapping a Mt.Lion Hunt for a Dall Sheep hunt.We can work out the differences...

...here we go again.

Make sure it's a guide that you're talking to.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fullcry View Post
    Im interested in swapping a Mt.Lion Hunt for a Dall Sheep hunt.We can work out the differences...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Make sure it's a guide that you're talking to.
    full cry what matt is trying to say.. is that AK requires you to contract a guide. end of story.. hunts, game etc may not be traded by AK law... if your interested in a referal for some guides let us know.. i really recomend Coke Wallis out of healy.. but he is just one. save your pennies.. all $12k or more worth of them.. and come hunting..

on a personal note... what cat is worth one of our sheep? LOL better find some stone or RMBH to swap for...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Hunt swapping is iilegal in Alaska. It might be possible to barter with an Alaskan guide, would have to double check that. You would need to be guided anyway as a non-resident.

Then you have that most cat hunts top out around 5k and a Dall Sheep hunt can run 12k and up.

Good luck in your efforts.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Hunt swapping is iilegal in Alaska. It might be possible to barter with an Alaskan guide, would have to double check that. You would need to be guided anyway as a non-resident.

Then you have that most cat hunts top out around 5k and a Dall Sheep hunt can run 12k and up.

Good luck in your efforts.

Steve
    HEY! i just said that!...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Sorry Vince, guess we were typing at the same time.

Steve
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Sorry Vince, guess we were typing at the same time.

Steve
    well double duty sometimes is needed to get it through..

meet on face book here

Easier to just marry into the system and use the second degree of kinship thing
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Charge him double for the cat to even things out.
    Good point on the Barter/trade thought. I do not know if a guide has to accept $$$ as consolation or if it is up to his/her descretion.
    Just make sure (go over it with an enforcement officer) before you get in too deep!

Not a trade but a one for one, sounds fair....I will buy you a guided dall sheep hunt with a classy outfitter if you buy me a bighorn sheep hunt, heck I'll even settle for a sheep hunt in the desert mountains of Mexico where you can actually stretch the American dollar....

Quote Originally Posted by the nikster View Post
    Charge him double for the cat to even things out.
    Good point on the Barter/trade thought. I do not know if a guide has to accept $$$ as consolation or if it is up to his/her descretion.
    Just make sure (go over it with an enforcement officer) before you get in too deep!
    A guide doesn't have to charge anything. There's no law that a guide has to accept money. He or she have to be there by statute, after that the state has no interest in the remuneration part.

What if an Alaskan wanted to come down to Louisiana and I took them out an let them shoot a few alligators with me(legal down here) and in return they had me up fishing or black bear / deer hunting with them. I'd pay my part of the trip with them, splitting the cost of the alaska trip. Would that be legal?

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana View Post
    What if an Alaskan wanted to come down to Louisiana and I took them out an let them shoot a few alligators with me(legal down here) and in return they had me up fishing or black bear / deer hunting with them. I'd pay my part of the trip with them, splitting the cost of the alaska trip. Would that be legal?
    Nothing illegal about friends hunting with friends. That being said there can be no qid pro quo (this for that), cost spit evenly between the parties. Document cost and who paid what. My understanding is 50 50 with each person spending the same.

Steve
    Founding Member

The operative word is "compensation". Are you "compensating" me for taking you by taking me gator hunting? Are you "compensating" me by buying me a new hat? Would the fish cop think so? .....

Its shades of gray and not really worth the heartache IMO.

Choose your own poison of course.

Ask the Trooper here on this forum, just what you need to do, to stay legal.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

And some are shady.....i reported an incident before and nothing was done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana View Post
    Its legal for you to fish and hunt black bear here on your own. For sheep,goat and griz you need a guide or 2nd degree of kinship or live here. Non res can hunt everything else without a guide or Alaskan along
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Our work is done here - looks like the OP has been scared off.

Whats an OP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast