Thread: Crooked Lake trail, Big Lake area?

Default Crooked Lake trail, Big Lake area?

Does anyone know where is the best place to park to access the Crooked Lake Trail, west of Big Lake?
    Its also known as trail #11 on some of the snowmachine trail sites, it goes on out to the Susitna Station.

Thanks.... HH

They usually have spots cleared to park around the channel I think. But I haven't been out there this winter yet so can't say for certain.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

I'm not too familiar with the area...Do you mean the channel between the West end of Crooked Lake and the small unnamed lake? Looking at Google and Bing maps.

Thanks!

I have ridden this trail quite a few times and have always parked on the lake at wide spot in the plowed ice road.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryHyde View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the area...Do you mean the channel between the West end of Crooked Lake and the small unnamed lake? Looking at Google and Bing maps.

Thanks!
    I was thinking of the channel between mirror lake and flat lake actually. (Big lake-Mirror lake-Flat lake) Then run to the end of Flat lake to pick up the trail. Hope I'm not wrong here, it's been a while and I'm not looking at any trail maps currently. But thats how we used to run out to the Big sue if memory serves. Trail 6 to Trail 8 (left) Trail 8 to Trail 11 (right) Trail 11 to big sue. Easy peasy....

hope this works...