Thread: Looking for a good bird taxidermist

Default Looking for a good bird taxidermist

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good bird taxidermist. I have some ducks that I would like to get done. I have heard good things about Birds by Ed in Big Lake, I just havent seen his work. I am in Anchorage, and would prefer someone close. Thanks!!

Give Russ Knight a call. Although I've never had a bird done there I believe he does them and what he has done for me has always been first rate. 344-5501

Mark Oslund best in town.IMO

if you havent found one yet......
    Ed Forstner in Big Lake was recommended as the best and he did an excellent job on my ptarmigan...picture attachedRock Ptarmigan (2).jpg

i dunno, Ed in Big Lake is 1.5 years into a mallard i sent him. Is this a good business deal?? Give him $150 and wait 2 years??? I think not.

Well, I have never had any speedy taxidermy work of any kind, anywhere...It didnt take that long for mine and I am very pleased with the result.

I had a pheasant done at Birds by Ed and it turned out very nice. Took about 6 months. That was about three years ago. When they delivered my bird they had some awesome harliquin in the car too.