Thread: Duck Hunter Dog Game

Default Duck Hunter Dog Game

The other thread had me remember about the National Duck Dog Challenge.
    I recently purchased some of those skeet holding bumpers just to try them out. In my training I set up scenarios like this already but it would be fun to throw in your shooting skill. Take a look and lets talk about it.
    http://nationalduckdogchallenge.com/index.php

That seems fun, I'm always looking for new venues to compete in, After all up here we are lmited. Let me know how you like those bumpers.

The biggest thing, as I am sure you know, is building enough interest in an event like that.

Good luck to you!

Baron,
    That's looks like a lot of fun and I'm sure Nitro would love it. Let me know if want to get a group together and try it out.
    Travis

In my training I set up scenarios like this already but it would be fun to throw in your shooting skill.
    Don't know about shooting skill...LOL but heck yeah, I would be all in for something like this.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Looks like a lot of fun, Similar to a hunt test scenario, only difference being you arent spending a bunch of money on live flyers, and your not being judged rather scored on you shooting ability. To set something like this up im thinking you would need at least six people 2 or 3 for bird stations, an observor and the active shooters. So heck thinking that shouldnt be hard to do. Anyone interested let your voice be heard, definitly be good practice in the off season. Just a thought Baron, something like this at the picnic tests might be a big hit, might be something to discuss with the MSGDA.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

And there's this one - http://www.nbdca.com/ It's been awhile, but there was a National Bird Dog Challenge held at Falcon Ridge. I find it irritating that you have to pay for the rules & regulations (order or comes with membership).

Karen

put it together Baron,...Murdock and I would love to come out and play...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....