Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: By far the best hand call I have used... EVER

Default By far the best hand call I have used... EVER

For those of you that like to use hand calls I have found possibly the best hand call ever. I am no subject matter expert but I have spent well over 200 dollars on different mouth calls both open and closed reeds and different squeakers and noise makers and nothing equates to this call. I waited a while to post just to see if I got lucky my first few times out or if the call is that good. It is the griz n grey distress call from kettle creek. It is suppose to be a grey fox distress and it is a closed reed call powered by a diaphragm which means no blowing and having it freeze up and no getting out of breath for the big shot, so far on every outing I have called in something mostly fox but have had yotes come charging in and 4 different lynx. Not to say I was successful since I am a one man operation and it is hard to work the spotlight and shoot but I dont consider calling a failure if I come home without fur If I call in something and have a good time it was a good outing.. Well anyways here is a demo video of it..

http://www.youtube.com/user/kettlecr.../9/G2iXfLGaGrY

and it is about 1/2 way down the main page on their website.

http://www.kettlecreekcalls.com/

thanjks for the review.... uhh..pm sent

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

no? everyone was ranting and raving about how good this call was in the lower 48 on predator masters so for 25 bucks I figured I would give it a try and it has been awesome.

Thanks for the info

Alright. How much did they pay you?

Bsj45,
    That looks like an Alaskan winner of a call since no moisture will freeze it up. I have another Kettle Kreek open reed call that I really like, but like any open reed is prone to freeze ups. Does it sound like a rabbit distress, or is it a totally different type of sound? Glad to hear that it's working for you. I know what you're saying about being a one man hunting show....lots of work and they get away many times. Thanks for the call tip.

They didn't pAy me anything I just know there are many of us on here that hare the same passion with predator calling so I thought I would pass it along. And there IS demo video of what it sounds like in the first link snowcamoman

Sorry, I'll have to check it out when I get home and have a listen. I need a new call anyways, it's been awhile.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    For those of you that like to use hand calls I have found possibly the best hand call ever. I am no subject matter expert but I have spent well over 200 dollars on different mouth calls both open and closed reeds and different squeakers and noise makers and nothing equates to this call. I waited a while to post just to see if I got lucky my first few times out or if the call is that good. It is the griz n grey distress call from kettle creek. It is suppose to be a grey fox distress and it is a closed reed call powered by a diaphragm which means no blowing and having it freeze up and no getting out of breath for the big shot, so far on every outing I have called in something mostly fox but have had yotes come charging in and 4 different lynx. Not to say I was successful since I am a one man operation and it is hard to work the spotlight and shoot but I dont consider calling a failure if I come home without fur If I call in something and have a good time it was a good outing.. Well anyways here is a demo video of it..

http://www.youtube.com/user/kettlecr.../9/G2iXfLGaGrY

and it is about 1/2 way down the main page on their website.

You say it's hard to work the spotlight and shoot...how is that legal? Page 18 of the hunting regs specifically states that "You MAY NOT take game by using artificial light." What am I missing?

Frostbitten, read the TRAPPING regs...

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Right on, I had never read them before...enlightening!

Thanks for the tip on the call. I do need a good closed reed call...

take furbearers with the aid of a pit, fire, light (other than sunlight or moonlight), electronically enhanced night vision scope, radio communications, cellular or satellite telephones, artificial salt lick, explosives, expanding gas arrow, bomb, smoke, chemical (excluding scent lures), or a conventional steel trap with an inside jaw spread over 9 inches. Exceptions: Killer-style trap with a jaw spread of less than 13 inches may be used and artificial light may be used for the purpose of taking furbearers Nov. 1- Mar. 31 in Units 7 and 9-26 during an open season;

so what have you called in?

"Not to say I was successful since I am a one man operation and it is hard to work the spotlight and shoot but I dont consider calling a failure if I come home without fur If I call in something and have a good time it was a good outing.."

If you need someone to hold the spotlight and help you close the deal, shoot me a PM anytime.

Bgarcher

did you order it in, or is it avail in Fairbanks?

Bsj45,
    I got my Grizz-N-Gray last week and that thing is definitely an interesting sounding little call. It should be a good one up here with the non-freeze type setup.

Heng-n-Out,
    You have to order them. I ordered direct from Kettle Creek and Curtis shipped the thing out the same day.

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/car...ct_name=Kettle

I got mine before Christmas and took it out this AM. The ravens and gray jays loved it. I even managed to call in a fish duck of some sort from open water on the Kasilof. Tried to sound as much like a tortured hare as possible, but to no avail. It was a beautiful cold morning.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    Bsj45,
    I got my Grizz-N-Gray last week and that thing is definitely an interesting sounding little call. It should be a good one up here with the non-freeze type setup.

Heng-n-Out,
    You have to order them. I ordered direct from Kettle Creek and Curtis shipped the thing out the same day.

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/car...ct_name=Kettle
    yeah its way different from anything that I have. I also found if you give it a quick squeeze it makes little fox barks which they dont advertise as one of its features but works for me non the less!

yeah its way different from anything that I have. I also found if you give it a quick squeeze it makes little fox barks which they dont advertise as one of its features but works for me non the less!
    I sent you a PM Bsj45, let me know if you got it.

I've also noticed that it makes a really good little fox bark. There are so many different sounds that you can make with this call that it's pretty amazing. You can also make it sound like a mad squirrel if you do a bunch of short pumps on the end of the thing too. Good tip on this one, I'm excited to see how it works for the rest of the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast