Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day

Default Sad day

I come here to learn and read the hunt stories ,which are some of the best on the web or anywhere .I find it very sad that people are not sharing their hunts because they know they will have a bucket full of the 3rd. degree shoved down there throat. Why is this done??Are they anti hunters ,anti People ,or just plain anti everything?If you like the taste of the 3rd. degree keep it all for yourself.I was taught if you don't have something nice to say "shut up".We can always us PM for negative speeches.Let us all try not to read between the lines,makeup are own part of someone's story or assume the worst . Does anyone else fill the way I do,where's the love?

I concur unless it us a forum regular they won't say anything. Just using Brian as reference let's say he was the one that posted the bison hunt. I think no one would of said a thing. If you or I posted it watch out the regulation cops would be falling out of the wood work. I think what causes it is plain ol jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I concur unless it us a forum regular they won't say anything. Just using Brian as reference let's say he was the one that posted the bison hunt. I think no one would of said a thing. If you or I posted it watch out the regulation cops would be falling out of the wood work. I think what causes it is plain ol jealousy.
    I bet they are the ones that never ever needed a follow up shot either!!I'm also thinking there is a bit of jealousy involved.

Roger on what you guys are saying. You won't see me posting a hunt on here. The know it alls are overwhelming and nasty. I will lurk and post MHO on enviromental issues time to time tho, even tho there are alot of folks on here that seem to know more than God about how to run this planet.

AOD is a high testrone area you got enter at your own risk
    Chuck

I suspect that most of the naysayers are the same guys that do all their hunting from a recliner while watching the outdoor channel. On the flip side, people should really go over their posts before they hit submit. Some things posted are left for the interpretation of the reader.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Put your waders on, before you log in.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I don't know....I hear all this about the "arm chairing" on the Bison hunt. I made a comment as the wording wasn't good, and then deleted my comment and took it to a PM. I've seen some bad blasting of people's stories on here, but most all of that comes from POORLY worded stories. On a public forum like this, if we post stuff that can be interpretted as illegal it can be used against us as such. I'm not saying that is what peopel did, but it LOOKS bad. yeah, I know, shouldn't have to walk on egg shells, however it is our responsibility to police ourselves. It's good form to not add fuel to any anti's fight. I think it need only be said once, and the person who wrote it sees it, can make "revisions" as needed (not taking away from the hunt) and all is good. If more than a couple people can interpret negatively, then maaaaaaaaaybe something is wrong with it. Just a simple wording fix. I think in the case of the Bison hunt, that wasn't EVEN CLOSE to some of the worse bashing I've seen.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

I agree to a point. I know a lot of people have learned things they didn't know, myself included, based on what people have been "called out" on in their hunting stories. A lot of people will agree that Alaska game laws can be a bit confusing at times, and even the officials get things wrong from time to time. Although it may be a tough pill to take sometimes, what is brought out by that 3rd degree is a much better understanding of the laws that will go on to help a large number of people in the future. Who knows how many illegal activities have been prevented because they were brought up and explained after reading someones hunt stories?

It would be nice to always have a quiet, tame, don't ever say a bad thing, everything is perfect society, but that is not reality.

There's just something about hunting, shooting, guns, gun stores, and fishing. That just brings out the know it all jack ass's. It's kinda like when there's a tornado somewhere down south. There's always that one redneck the tv reporters find. That reenacts the sound the tornado makes. There's no shortage of these people. There everywhere and you can't make these people happy. So why even try. I guess you gotta just keep you hunting stories to your self and only share them with people you like.

Standards of whats hunting or shooting very among folks here. We luckly still have some old school hunters and a very large group of younger hunters brough up on hunting shows and gun/hunting rags that sole purpose is to sell new products the old and new must be at odds at times. Also we have had some real unethical hunts posted here where the hunter really thought he did a good job and bubble needed busting so not done again.The main thing I don't like to read and question is words like I could tell it was a miss or I couldn't get closer so I took the shot.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    AOD is a high testrone area you got enter at your own risk
    Yeah, or a high BS area. Watch your step.

Maybe the Native Americans had it right: don't say what you're gonna do, just do it; thank the Great Spirit (and maybe the animal itself) when you connect; then share it, eat it and don't brag about it. It's humility and our society has forgotten about it. Hunting/fishing shows probably didn't help.

Honestly, and with all due respect to those who may think differently, I have never understood this "I will never post a hunt story here" line of thought.

Clearly there have been in the past some hunt stories posted that cry out for constructive criticism from the hunting community at large. To then cry foul, or that AOD in general is too harsh, that because of those threads you'll never post here...just seems pretty thin skinned to me. Plus, what are those who say they will never post a hunt story here afraid of, really? Are we that thin-skinned we can never accept criticism or advice? Do we only want a place where no criticism at all can ever take place?

I think perhaps there is a line here that isn't recognized. That it's more about how someone offers any criticism, that there is a right way and a wrong way to do that. With the bison thread being mentioned (I just looked it over), the initial post is worded in a way that even I felt brought into question if it was conducted legally. So it was only natural for someone to ask about that. It was cleared up and imo it was all good in the end. But I'm saddened that the member now doesn't want to ever post a hunt story again.

We gotta have thicker skins that that guys. That's how we learn. That's how we become better at posting hunt stories and how we become better hunters imo.

Don't make it personal. Don't be rude. Preview a post before hitting the submit button. Thanks to all who share their hunt stories and pics here.

We gotta have thicker skins that that guys. That's how we learn. That's how we become better at posting hunt stories and how we become better hunters imo.

All I have to say is....... What a joke coming from Mr.Thinskin!
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Default Agree with Josh AK

Josh AK

I have to agree with you. Hunting has never been a spectator sport for me and the only person I aim to satify with my hunting is myself. Some poor guy comes on and tells about his hunt of a life time, just becasue he's not some Jack O'Connor or Elmer Kieth, he gets unloaded on. I really do appreciate the hunting and fishing reports on here, but have to admit I'll never post one.

After 45 years of hunting, I know sh*t happens. The person involved has learned from the experience and life goes on. No reason to pile on.

We are a Society Divided.
    Doesn't matter what topic, story, pic or fact that is posted, the result is the same. It mirrors our current way we feel about one another, collectively. We are pretty much evenly split 50/50 on every aspect of our lives, Hunting is no different in that regard. We will never sit around the campfire, singing Kumbya, them days are long time gone.
    If you like a post, say so.
    If you don't like a post, say so.

I like this Thread.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Its true. Its rare that a detailed story put on here does not get picked apart. Maybe by just one member but it happens consistently. Shot distance, region, guide issues, pack out. Just enjoy the story and keep your opinion to yourself unless the story teller asks for it. If they did something wrong and you want to help keep them from getting in trouble just PM them.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I suspect that most of the naysayers are the same guys that do all their hunting from a recliner while watching the outdoor channel.
    I think you are right on here. There are those who get out and do things and then those who examine and criticize everything they did.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter353 View Post
    I come here to learn and read the hunt stories ,which are some of the best on the web or anywhere .I find it very sad that people are not sharing their hunts because they know they will have a bucket full of the 3rd. degree shoved down there throat. Why is this done??Are they anti hunters ,anti People ,or just plain anti everything?If you like the taste of the 3rd. degree keep it all for yourself.I was taught if you don't have something nice to say "shut up".We can always us PM for negative speeches.Let us all try not to read between the lines,makeup are own part of someone's story or assume the worst . Does anyone else fill the way I do,where's the love?

I couldn't agree more. That's why I don't like to start threads with loads of details. You get the arm chair Quarterbacks who likely haven't done much hunting and suddenly they are the great champions of conservation and ethics. Sickening.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Buster View Post

All I have to say is....... What a joke coming from Mr.Thinskin!
    patronize not criticize
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast