Thread: Political Threads

Default Political Threads

Its good to see all these political threads finally getting locked but I wonder why some take so much longer to get locked than others. Could it be that it depends on who started them?

None of those threads started out as legitimate hunting threads regardless of what any of you say. They should have been shut down after the first post in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Its good to see all these political threads finally getting locked but I wonder why some take so much longer to get locked than others. Could it be that it depends on who started them?

None of those threads started out as legitimate hunting threads regardless of what any of you say. They should have been shut down after the first post in my opinion.
    Well I can't speak for the other mods, but I can tell you that it has to do with whether we see them. Not who started them...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

This one should be shut down asap has political written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Well I can't speak for the other mods, but I can tell you that it has to do with whether we see them. Not who started them...

-Mike
    Mike I have a lot of respect for you and enjoy this forum most of the time but you can't tell me the mods on here failed to notice a 13 page political thread considering there are numerous post by mods in that thread. Then again I guess some people are better at disguising political talk as hunting chatter.

Rob

Mike I have a lot of respect for you and enjoy this forum most of the time but you can't tell me the mods on here failed to notice a 13 page political thread considering there are numerous post by mods in that thread. Then again I guess some people are better at disguising political talk as hunting chatter.

Rob
    At times we try to give the benefit of the doubt to the membership that threads can maintain an apolitical course. Sometimes we're wrong and have to take action on second (or third...or fourth...) glance. As Mike says, I can honestly say that it's not about who starts the thread. I've had to delete more than a few threads started by friends and have taken a fair amount of heat for doing so over dinner and drinks. So be it. We're not perfect, but we sure do try to keep personal relationships and biases out of it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    This one should be shut down asap has political written all over it.
    NO DOUBT! this a another SARAH type thread written all over it... you know THAT Bronco.. is trying to cash in on some of the fame and popularity she spurned up around here lately... heck can't blame a guy for fishing at the same dock eh?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Rob
    I think mods pipe in trying to get the thread back on track it works for a few posts then it goes south again. The thread you are referring to was doomed from the get go... The thread on the bison kill is about to go south soon and it's not political at all guys just get side track why is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    The thread on the bison kill is about to go south soon and it's not political at all guys just get side track why is anyones guess.
    Some guys think it is their obligation to assume everyone that post a hunt report did something illegal and they have to point it out. Just imagine how many pm's that poor guy is getting. Heck there are books written by Alaskan hunting guides talking about chasing animals with snowmachines and nobody comments on that but they beat a guy up for driving down the road instead of walking down it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    NO DOUBT! this a another SARAH type thread written all over it... you know THAT Bronco.. is trying to cash in on some of the fame and popularity she spurned up around here lately... heck can't blame a guy for fishing at the same dock eh?
    Very true makes me wonder what he is up too... Mama is on vacation so he is up to some serious mischief...

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Kinda like chumming the waters. Now that you outed me Vince I can finally uncover my Palin for president poster and let it glow in all its glory.

Kinda like chumming the waters. Now that you outed me Vince I can finally uncover my Palin for president poster and let it glow in all its glory.
    Guess the three letter word I'm thinking it starts with a F

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    At times we try to give the benefit of the doubt to the membership that threads can maintain an apolitical course. Sometimes we're wrong and have to take action on second (or third...or fourth...) glance. As Mike says, I can honestly say that it's not about who starts the thread. I've had to delete more than a few threads started by friends and have taken a fair amount of heat for doing so over dinner and drinks. So be it. We're not perfect, but we sure do try to keep personal relationships and biases out of it.
    Couldn't agree more with Brian. I couldn't imagine the time it takes as a moderator to 'wait' it out as these political threads worm there way to the ultimate demise, political opinions and closed threads. You either like this side or you like the other side, and you'll find a way to justify your point because you simply can't hold back. It's too much! Through delicate manipulation at its best one way or the other. Almost like kids not being able to reach for the candy, just ain't happening but when, is the question. I think political threads are good, here, as long as they stay the course, but of course, for how long that can be is the question. Guns, hunting, rights to "bear" bare arms is a hot one, hunting rights, public lands, etc, all great topics. Palin was a great topic, and will be because she gives 'us' exposure which none of us can afford to buy to promote our cause, providing she's promoting our cause and there in-lies the rub.

Here's the deal if any you who have been paying attention, last few days there's been a report, a sad report on the decline of hunting interest across the board from all states released. The hunting industry is in bad shape, don't kid yourself. I'm talking big industry. Now, nobody in Alaska wants to see another person insight when hunting I realize, but to let the right to hunt our many states simply slip away is wrong. We need to unite as a group, get youth involved, keep the right to hunt alive, and the dollars allocated to conversation for that right strong. Those are the issues we need to be addressing when we see 'public' figures in a position to parrot our cause.

Does this make sense to anyone that can focus beyond commenting on how someone loaded a rifle? Or, should I just pour another Budweiser.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Ah ha!! You guys were having a political discussion in a Hunting forum......With out me.......Shuks......aint we friends??~~LOL!!~~

Ya know, Broncoformudv is right, maby these here poitcal threads should be shut down after the first thread.

Brian M explained it to me like this;
    " We focus on what we do well - the Alaskan Outdoors. Sometimes those issues overlap, and where that overlap is primarily an issue related to the outdoors (resource management, etc), then we're OK with that discussion. When it is primarily related to politics and politicians, we ask that it be discussed elsewhere. We've been through this many times and have given much thought to this stance. While the forum leadership team is a politically active group, this forum is not the place for those discussions.

And here I am, poster #13 on this thread that has nothing to do with Hunting.......~~LOL!!!!!~~

This could go on all night.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

"Political Threads "

yep, the title...anybody catch that ??

~~LOL!!~~~!!!!

Post #14

Yeah stranger, I see the irony. Though this one doesn't have anything to do with hunting, sometimes it's best to just answer a question and have a short discussion to address a forum-wide issue. This thread will soon be moved to Forum Tips, but for the time being it was appropriate to answer these questions here since this is the forum most affected by this issue in recent days.

Default Now that...

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    "Political Threads "

yep, the title...anybody catch that ??

~~LOL!!~~~!!!!

Post #14
    ... is dang funny. Dang political people anyway!

I treasure the short duration they remain. It offers me a glimpse at those among us that have fallen on the other side of the fence. They are Wishey-Washey in their their thoughts and convictions. These are the members I trust the least to Protect Our Heritage. Heap Good Medicine in ever so small doses. <GRIN>
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I think its more the direction the thread leans \ ^ /. Right now SP is no different than anyone here,just a person with views and not a office holder
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

The thing about Polititions I notice is the Inherent Hypocracy......ya know what I mean??

The things they complain about and yet do those things themselfs.......

Things they do, but not allow others to......

Things they do despite others, even when they know what they are doing is wrong.......

Things they allow to happen after campaining not to let it happen.........

and we entrusted them with a bit of temporary power........~~LOL!!~~

Can we Hunt Polititions?

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    The thing about Polititions I notice is the Inherent Hypocracy......ya know what I mean??

The things they complain about and yet do those things themselfs.......

Things they do, but not allow others to......

Things they do despite others, even when they know what they are doing is wrong.......

Things they allow to happen after campaining not to let it happen.........

and we entrusted them with a bit of temporary power........~~LOL!!~~

Can we Hunt Polititions?
    Let's get a bounty on them first.