Thread: ramp fee

Default ramp fee

Has anyone bought a seasonal ramp pass? How much is it?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Where

Could you be a little more specific.

opps my fault. I was talking about the whitter launch fee. I heard they have a seasonal launch pass. Just wonder how much is it?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Have past two seasons

last season $120. it paid for itself just in april. It went up from the previous year but so did the launch fee. So i expect another increase this year. last year was a bad year for weather but it still atleast more than paid for itself 2.5 times. so the money saved then pays for parking or tunnel fees. gets spendy going there but what are you going to do. you buy them in harbor masters office. in early april sometimes they are closed a lot, still on winter hours. but the last two years there has been more people going out early and hopefully they will be expecting it again this and be prepared. it is just a sticker you put on your trailer, up high so salt don't ruin it.

Thanks. I spent over $200 just on launch fees.. I did get a 10 ticket pass through the tunnel
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Yes they do

See http://www.ci.whittier.ak.us/ and the tunnel tickes end up being $17 with a book of 10, and do not expire,and not $20
    Ramp fee I think was $120
    Parking if you leave your boat there was $100 a month which I'd think about if it's an every weekend thing. Save on gas & tunnel?

Default Security

About leaving your boat there. Is there a fenced in lot for long term storage? Or is it open and you leave your boat at your own risk?

Any place to park a motorhome to weekend in?

Denny
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Default Parking

By the way, whats an annual parking permit cost. It looks like it costs $15 per day to park your rig while you are on the water. One 3 day trip = $20 to launch, $45 to park, and $20 tunnel fee = 85 Bucks.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Whittier is not cheap! I sent an email to the harbormaster last week inquiring about improvements, cost, etc. along with some thoughts for small improvements. I asked for information on how we can help as well and no response yet. Starting to wonder if we are just a nuisance to their little town, maybe I'm just not patient waiting for a response. Time will tell I guess.

There is a small campground up the hill from the launch behind the parking lot. It is relatively small as far as leaving a boat connected to a motorhome. The ground is rocky and uneven in the one area that is large enough to pull in and out of without disconnecting.

Default gonna pay if you want to play

with a truck and boat trailer it is $20 a day in the big parking lot across the tracks. all summer is $300, used to be, but not gated but kinda watched over. in the early spring parking is either free or $10 in front of the harber masters office and boat ramps. yep it gets spendy but well worth it and that is why i take people along and they are more than happy to pay those fees just to be able to fish out there or hunt, usually both and also shrimping. cheap experience for them and not so bad on my pocket. but i am single and don't the whole family issue. i trailer my boat every time because if weather is bad we go to homer or a lake or river. other wise you have pay to go get your boat. don't trust it sitting down there either, weather and thiefs.

and I thought that the $35 fee that Ketchikan charges for the year (which includes parking) at any of our 3 launches was high !!!!!!