Thread: Here are the props

Default Here are the props

Vince sent me this link... Thanks. I encourage all of you to read some of the props for unit 13, 14 and 16 on the brown bear, moose and wolf hunts. While most sit around saying ah man I don't know how to write or what to write some folks who don't share the same views on hunting are turning some out. Vince helpEd me write a prop for unit 13. You can bet I will be at all future meetings. Instead of sitting around thinking nothing will happen. These groups all they have to do is get enough of there people to show up testify uh oh it could pass. Cause we as a group did not show up to counter there argument. Again Vince thanks.

http://boards.adfg.state.ak.us/gamei...book-FINAL.pdf

[QUOTE=323;851348]These groups all they have to do is get enough of there people to show up testify uh oh it could pass. Cause we as a group did not show up to counter there argument. [QUOTE]

I would say it is not quite that easy. The BoG is tuned to hunters and they won't just pass a prop cuz a few supporters show up. There does have to be some sense, or need, for the prop to pass.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Agreed but still scary on what certain groups are writing. I would like to think common sense isused but in today's climate nothing would surprise me.

323, which prop is yours?

Mine is on page 85 I think dealing with the nelchina caribou

Proposal 93 open up moose season from Sept 1-25 and not earlier because " IT'S TOO HOT and the moose are not moving " I guess he has seen to many big bulls dropped by bow hunters ... I suggest he take up archery
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Anc Advisory Committee has some interesting ones.... I will say that some of these props are written at a 5th grade level...

I like both of mine of course though there are similar wider encompassing versions that I would prefer to pass I do feel that mine has a better chance so we will see.

My favorites so far...

195/196

I like the intent behind 130 but the language of it makes me cringe. It doesn't clearly state anything and uses a bunch of whimsical wording like..
    Most hunters will only take one bear a year at most. This will allow that rare hunter who by luck and skill get the chance to take a real nice bear even though they may have already harvested a bear that year.
    It allows a person to harvest a bear in the Unit even if they have taken one in another Unit. Often this will be a trophy bear which the hunter will talk about and enjoy the rest of their life.
    I am sure there will be many that I am not fond of but this was one the jumped off the page at me.

Prop 136 I think is put in by a Valley guide wanting to open up the 14C remainder goat registration tags to Non-Res.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Proposal 93 open up moose season from Sept 1-25 and not earlier because " IT'S TOO HOT and the moose are not moving " I guess he has seen to many big bulls dropped by bow hunters ... I suggest he take up archery
    That prop is specific to 16B which doesn't have an Archery season. Moose season there runs Aug20-Sep 20. I don't agree with his reasoning but I would support changing the unit 16 regular season to Aug25-Sep25 to match unit 14 next door.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Anc Advisory Committee has some interesting ones.... I will say that some of these props are written at a 5th grade level...

I like both of mine of course though there are similar wider encompassing versions that I would prefer to pass I do feel that mine has a better chance so we will see.

My favorites so far...

195/196

I like the intent behind 130 but the language of it makes me cringe. It doesn't clearly state anything and uses a bunch of whimsical wording like..

I am sure there will be many that I am not fond of but this was one the jumped off the page at me.

Prop 136 I think is put in by a Valley guide wanting to open up the 14C remainder goat registration tags to Non-Res.
    Hey great way to encourage folks comments like this do not help. All it does is disenfranchise them thinking I write like a 5th grader and they will laugh at me.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Hey great way to encourage folks comments like this do not help. All it does is disenfranchise them thinking I write like a 5th grader and they will laugh at me.
    I don't mean to disenfranchise folks, but I also don't think that we should encourage people to flood the system with poorly written whimsy props that simply slow the proceedings down and don't clearly say what they are trying to propose. Definitely make proposals but put your feelings on the shelf and try and make a real justification.

If you propose to allow moose hunting in your yard then the justification shouldn't be "I want a 1 moose per year limit in my yard because there are moose in my yard sometimes and I like to eat moose". I am not saying you shouldn't be able to kill a moos in your yard, just that that isn't a quality reason and you should do more research before putting in your proposal...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I don't mean to disenfranchise folks, but I also don't think that we should encourage people to flood the system with poorly written whimsy props that simply slow the proceedings down and don't clearly say what they are trying to propose. Definitely make proposals but put your feelings on the shelf and try and make a real justification.

If you propose to allow moose hunting in your yard then the justification shouldn't be "I want a 1 moose per year limit in my yard because there are moose in my yard sometimes and I like to eat moose". I am not saying you shouldn't be able to kill a moos in your yard, just that that isn't a quality reason and you should do more research before putting in your proposal...
    Sorry for jumping on you I do agree I had my wife read mine to ensure it didn't sound like a 1st grader wrote. Then I sent it to Vince who read it.

Park Service is pushing some interesting proposals for Unit 13 Grizzly. Their wording basically explains their bias.
    They meddle enough with our lives on NPS lands and now they want to meddle with state lands as well.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by kaboku68 View Post
    Park Service is pushing some interesting proposals for Unit 13 Grizzly. Their wording basically explains their bias.
    They meddle enough with our lives on NPS lands and now they want to meddle with state lands as well.

Sincerely,
    Thomas
    Can you list some prop numbers? I am trying to work my way through them so that I can put in written comments.

PROPOSAL 40- 5 AAC 85.020. Hunting seasons and bag limits for brown bear. Amend the season and bag limit for brown bear in Unit 13.

Read through it. NPS Parkies want to manage bbears throughout the state. Yet they won't fund their own management, surveys and or follow any relevant pattern of conservation or land use. Teddy would spank em.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Sorry for jumping on you I do agree I had my wife read mine to ensure it didn't sound like a 1st grader wrote. Then I sent it to Vince who read it.
    looked GREAT TO ME!!!! course i only read to 4th grade... so a 5th grader... is like WOW!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    looked GREAT TO ME!!!! course i only read to 4th grade... so a 5th grader... is like WOW!
    Great thing my wife graduated high school