Thread: $100 Reward for Lost Traps on Glenn Hwy

Default $100 Reward for Lost Traps on Glenn Hwy

Hi all,
    I had a small action packer full of traps and snares slide out of my truck while driving down the Glenn Hwy last Saturday at about 9:15AM. Someone had picked up almost everything before I noticed and turned around. If you happen to have picked them up, give me a call (242-4087), and I'll give you a reward. They slid out about a mile east of Moose Creek (east of Palmer). Thanks,
    Rick

Wow, that really sucks man. How do you know they fell out at that point, did you see them fall out? Did you try to call the police. If I found a full action packer full of traps, I would probably call the cops and report them as lost and found.

Not to act like a dip sh*t here, but when I come out of the woods, cold especially, I warm up my truck to get warm and make my mind function again before pulling out. Then I recheck all my stuff and make sure the tail gate is closed. Sounds to me like you made a costly booboo. Sorry to here that, but yes, check with the area police, etc. Maybe some nice person found your stuff and actually reported it.
    I wouldn't hold my breath tho in Alaska. Alot of different breeds of people here I'm finding. If it helps tho, I'll hold my breath for ya for a couple seconds or so........lol
    Sorry, I smoke and need all the air I can get......lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Cadador...well, good luck. After a moment of bad luck, good luck can happen.
    This north country really is full of all breeds and types, including good hardworking and honest, ethical Alaskans. Forum information like this has resulted in recovered guns, boats, and fishing gear. Hopefully the right person will HEAR of your situation, take a deep breath and make the correct call.
    You might also put this info in the Lost And Found forum.
    Do breath.

dennis

Bushwhack,
    I turned around when I noticed the missing action packer, and I found some of my snares, a wire cutter, and the action packer's lid on the highway and on the shoulder, so the location was pretty clear.

Grizzly,
    There's more to the story that I don't care to share online, but yes... it was a costly mistake. Thanks for the air-ial support

True,
    Good advise... thanks. I'm not terribly hopeful that I'll get anything else back, but these types of efforts are worth a shot.