Thread: Politically correct hunting.

Default Politically correct hunting.

When ever a politition picks up a gun, I am concernd.

Candidates posing in Duck blinds, Vice Presedents shooting their staff in the head, Bush allowing the "assault weapons ban" sunset, .........well that tool they either admire, like myself , or despise and wish to take away from you and I.....well that IS important, because in this great land, we have no "Right" in the Constitution to hunt, simply the Right to Bear Arms.

In a simular thread, Sara Palin was the topic, and her use of Firearms was commented apon along with opinions on her as well. Nothin' wrong with that, for SURE..

If Political Correctness is picking up a turd from the clean end, then all polititions are Turds in my view, and are open to dicussion, disgust, and disreguard as needed........even disembowling if it wold keep 'em honest (someday )

Im no "Tea Party" type, but I do give Kudo's to Sara Palin, the First Politition who, on TV has shown the masses a ligitimit use of a firearm without agenda or pulling up fake stats to 'prove' we cant be trusted , or someone getting shot in the process

Hey, if a Politition wants to hunt and shoot on TV, Im all for it, but there ARE Public people, and personal comments do go with opinions on how Polit's hunt and use their firearms, 'cause were dealing with Snakes of sorts here, and as in any arena, actions speak louder than words..........Go Sara, whatever your evil political agenda may be

I will defend, to the Death, her Right to Bear Arms.....I will defend her hunting, it is "Alaska" for what thats worth....I am impressed, but I aint voting for her either......

Its a Free Country, and I reserve my Right to Be Politically Incorrect.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I'm outta rep .... If it mattered..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I think there are quite a few people in polotics that own and use firearms properly, and those in the past as well. I don't know anyone besides Sarah who goes out of their way to be a little in your face about it, except maybe Pat Buchanan, and that brings a lot of comment from people, reading the posts about her show though, most of those posts are from people who didn't see the show or her gun handeling, rather just comments to be either pro or anti Palin. All poloticians are snakes serving their own agenda, but if liking or supporting Sarah is wrong, I don't want to be right. he he he

Ol Sarah has other aspiration so I figure that is why she is doing all this, oh and that one aspiration is not to have her own hunting show on the outdoor channel fellas. I think it involves a big white house LOL...

If she would just be the gadfly and host TV programs and commentate, I would feel much better about her. It scares me that she might try for the presidency for two reasons:
    1.) she is not what she claims to be, but many American voters are too stupid to find out, and...
    2.) she is not much more qualified to be president than Oby (and we all know where that has ended up).

Having said that, in spite of her screechy voice, I am genuinely entertained by her program. I love that she hunts, camps and fishes. I identify with that persona. If that was all she intended to do, I would be her biggest fan. As it is, the knowledge of what she WANTS TO BE is always in the back of my mind to take away a bit of the enjoyment.

stranger, I follow politics, haven't missed an election in over a decade (I once missed a primary when I was 20 years old), and do not adhere to any form of political correctness. That being said, we do not allow political discussion here. It's not about being politically correct. It is a business decision, plain and simple. We focus on what we do well - the Alaskan Outdoors. Sometimes those issues overlap, and where that overlap is primarily an issue related to the outdoors (resource management, etc), then we're OK with that discussion. When it is primarily related to politics and politicians, we ask that it be discussed elsewhere. We've been through this many times and have given much thought to this stance. While the forum leadership team is a politically active group, this forum is not the place for those discussions.