Thread: Black Bear rug felt selection

Default Black Bear rug felt selection

I have to choose my felt colors. Valley bear at 6'-10" squared. Nice fall coat - black. Big white V on chest.

Thinking red and forest green....but definately not decided yet....

What are your favorite felt colors?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I like Black over Blue, red or purple... i put the black closest to the bear to out line it... helps it look larger too... with the color on the outside to frame it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Vince is right on the money. Black over the contrasting color, makes for a nice neat rug.

Default felt choices

Vince is Correct, 95% of my customers choose the black closest to the bear (black bear) with a contrasting red, or tan, (camel color), a few lately have gone with a greyish marble.. Brown bears the same way.. A dark brown or lighter brown depending on the size and color of the bear.. with a contrasting color on the outside.. Wait until the bear is tanned, and visit the taxi shop, you should be able to hold up the colors of your choice next to the skin and see what looks best.. Also what colors go with your room that you plan to put it in, take your spouse along and let her be in on the decision..

Here are a couple examples of different contrasing colors or respectable brown bears.. Let me know if you need black bear references.. I have tons of them too..

Brown_bear_Rug.jpgSlide2.jpg

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

my personal pref is the royal colors rather then the flat muted ones... royal blue, reds ... i had one done in a light blue that is not as nice. it is a BLACK bear.. what looks good with black? hit the clubs and see what is along side the black sexy dresses... not much tan, Gray or Mauve i bet... LOL But black does goe well with most any color thats for sure.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Royal blue or black on black. IMO, those look the best on a blackie.

I just went with the classic black, it goes with everything and pops on the wall.

I had my light colored arctic grizzly bear done with medium brown leather. Looks good to me. Actually its the only leather trim I have seen? Had it done back in the 70's in Missoula Mt.
    Just another option than felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I like Black over Blue, red or purple... i put the black closest to the bear to out line it... helps it look larger too... with the color on the outside to frame it.
    Yep same here. The accent color first looks retarded to me. To each their own and as long as they are happy with it. Even with my brown bear, dark brown against hide, then light tan to trim. Gets lots of compliments. Main thing is, the dark color agains the hide, hides the leather edge, blends nicely and yes, makes the rug look larger.

I had mine done with black on dark green and it look nice. I will try to post a picture later

I did my black bear with black felt next to the bear with a grey on the outside boarder. i am on the road right now , but could take a pickture when i get home. It really looks good on any wall. It was on a wood wall, Now it's on a white wall.

Black on Black no other way to go IMO. Goes with anything and it is a black bear. Makes it look larger as well. Got photo of the bear, sound like a large valley critter!
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Vince is Correct, 95% of my customers choose the black closest to the bear (black bear) with a contrasting red, or tan, (camel color), a few lately have gone with a greyish marble.. Brown bears the same way.. A dark brown or lighter brown depending on the size and color of the bear.. with a contrasting color on the outside.. Wait until the bear is tanned, and visit the taxi shop, you should be able to hold up the colors of your choice next to the skin and see what looks best.. Also what colors go with your room that you plan to put it in, take your spouse along and let her be in on the decision..

Here are a couple examples of different contrasing colors or respectable brown bears.. Let me know if you need black bear references.. I have tons of them too..

Brown_bear_Rug.jpgSlide2.jpg
    Very nice. I really like how that griz turned out.