Thread: 04 570 mountain cat

Default 04 570 mountain cat

Ok no replies to other post so anyhow my buddy got the the sled tore apart and the left side cylinder and piston are garbage. Looks like it was not getting any oil/fuel while the right hand side was getting plenty to point it looks like it was burning rich. So onto the my question and I hope someone pipes in. Where can you get new/rebuilt cylinder head (jugs) for this 570. I have looked and one option I see is buying a sleeve and having the cylinder bored to accpet the new sleeve, or go the other route pick up another cylinder head that has been re nickcelled (sp) I seen prices around 345.00 they refund a 100.00 when they get the old cylinder head from you. I have been told to call Darby performance in Fairbanks as of now no luck getting through to them. So any of you have any other sources out there please let me know.

millenium technologies has a cylinder exchange program they usually have most models in stock i got jugs from them b4 for a top end on my old f6... they can ship out same day u call them with a core charge.... dan at theoutdoorshop online is where i got my piston kits, if millenium doesn't have a cylinder in stock try eckhoffs custom machining, one of them should have u covered for about 200 a jug and 100 core, can probably get 1 day ups also get u back on the trail fast if they do in fact have the right cylinder, anyways, u should be able find em all with google, good luck with your repairs and part searching

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Ok no replies to other post so anyhow my buddy got the the sled tore apart and the left side cylinder and piston are garbage. Looks like it was not getting any oil/fuel while the right hand side was getting plenty to point it looks like it was burning rich. So onto the my question and I hope someone pipes in. Where can you get new/rebuilt cylinder head (jugs) for this 570. I have looked and one option I see is buying a sleeve and having the cylinder bored to accpet the new sleeve, or go the other route pick up another cylinder head that has been re nickcelled (sp) I seen prices around 345.00 they refund a 100.00 when they get the old cylinder head from you. I have been told to call Darby performance in Fairbanks as of now no luck getting through to them. So any of you have any other sources out there please let me know.
    2 things to check.....look at the intake boots for cracks, the other thing is the crank seal on that end.

Franklinfeagle hit all the places that I could think of....the other thing to try is a couple of the salvage places out of Minneasota. I order a frontend for a wheeler that the dealers here wanted $1200 for just the pieces I needed, the salvage shop (I wish I could find their card, but they are pretty close to Minneapolis) sent me the whole frontend including the selnoids and cables, shipped for less then $300.

Have you tried ASS (Alaska Snowmobile Salvage). They have a lot of stuff in there, they usually have whatever I am looking for or know where to get it.

Update finally got through to Darby Performance in Fairbanks they had all the parts and talk about quick shipping I had all the parts the next day. So will be putting it back together today or tomorrow. Also when getting another jug you need to send the old one to them 1st once they have it they will call you.

Well all back together starts up fine and runs. We checked the intake boots all looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Update finally got through to Darby Performance in Fairbanks they had all the parts and talk about quick shipping I had all the parts the next day. So will be putting it back together today or tomorrow. Also when getting another jug you need to send the old one to them 1st once they have it they will call you.
    Hey just wanted to write a quick note here we are very glad you got ahold of us and we really appreciate your business. We try very hard to serve as many people as we can up here in Fairbanks we are a very small shop there is a whopping three people here and we only have one phone line and not enough emplyees to be able to handle an additional phone line. Again we are very very glad you called us and gave us the chance to help you out with your part please feel free to contact us again and since you are from Wasilla I can ship UPS anytime you need a part and they are very good about getting it down there within one day (give or take).