Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cabelas 2x4 bench kit?

  1. #1
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default Cabelas 2x4 bench kit?

    I know it seems to be that AK thing to build a bench from scratch but I hate trying to get the legs right. I was tooling around online and stumbled across this kit from Cabelas. I am curious if anyone has gone this route? I also am curious if there are any local suppliers for it. AIH, Spenards or perhaps one of the box stores?

    http://www.cabelas.com/gun-smithing-...:referralID=NA


  2. #2

    Default

    Interesting in that I just recently modified an old sturdy desk to make one. I found that the desk worked well and for the most part was completed. The storage drawers worked better for me, than shelves, for keeping things organized and clean. Plus I like sitting down while working.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member markopolo50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenton,Michigan
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Lujon, that does look like a neat bench. From the reviews off the Cabela's site I came across the web site 2x4basics.com . It has additional projects like the bench. Looks like more projects in the making. Thanks

  4. #4
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Lujon, that does look like a neat bench. From the reviews off the Cabela's site I came across the web site 2x4basics.com . It has additional projects like the bench. Looks like more projects in the making. Thanks
    We need t-shirts for Me Hunt_AK, Stid and Alaska_Lanch. "AOD Mods, spending your money one dime at a time!"

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    We need t-shirts for Me Hunt_AK, Stid and Alaska_Lanch. "AOD Mods, spending your money one dime at a time!"
    I love you guy's suggestions and product reviews. Makes me ever cognizant of those things that I have no use for. Thanks for all the contributions to the fourm, saves me a lot of time and money.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Delta Jct, Alaska
    Posts
    992

    Default

    I have the bench kit from Cabela's and am very satisfied with it......picked it up on a drive to L48.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Jon,
    I got my reloading bench at Lowes for about $120. Only modification I had to do was beef up the area around the reloading press. Took about 30 min to set-up. If I could figureout how to post a picture on here I would send it to you. Maybe I'll try and pm you the photo.

  8. #8
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I love you guy's suggestions and product reviews. Makes me ever cognizant of those things that I have no use for. Thanks for all the contributions to the fourm, saves me a lot of time and money.
    I do believe Alaska_Lanche has saved me money...truly. He'll just call and say "You dont have the tent you need and after trying these half dozen spendy outfits, this one is best, and I found it 45% off with free shipping."

    Sounds good to me!! Problem is I haven't used a bunch of it yet ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •