Thread: Cabelas 2x4 bench kit?

Default Cabelas 2x4 bench kit?

I know it seems to be that AK thing to build a bench from scratch but I hate trying to get the legs right. I was tooling around online and stumbled across this kit from Cabelas. I am curious if anyone has gone this route? I also am curious if there are any local suppliers for it. AIH, Spenards or perhaps one of the box stores?

http://www.cabelas.com/gun-smithing-...:referralID=NA

Interesting in that I just recently modified an old sturdy desk to make one. I found that the desk worked well and for the most part was completed. The storage drawers worked better for me, than shelves, for keeping things organized and clean. Plus I like sitting down while working.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Lujon, that does look like a neat bench. From the reviews off the Cabela's site I came across the web site 2x4basics.com . It has additional projects like the bench. Looks like more projects in the making. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Lujon, that does look like a neat bench. From the reviews off the Cabela's site I came across the web site 2x4basics.com . It has additional projects like the bench. Looks like more projects in the making. Thanks
    We need t-shirts for Me Hunt_AK, Stid and Alaska_Lanch. "AOD Mods, spending your money one dime at a time!"

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    We need t-shirts for Me Hunt_AK, Stid and Alaska_Lanch. "AOD Mods, spending your money one dime at a time!"
    I love you guy's suggestions and product reviews. Makes me ever cognizant of those things that I have no use for. Thanks for all the contributions to the fourm, saves me a lot of time and money.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I have the bench kit from Cabela's and am very satisfied with it......picked it up on a drive to L48.

Jon,
    I got my reloading bench at Lowes for about $120. Only modification I had to do was beef up the area around the reloading press. Took about 30 min to set-up. If I could figureout how to post a picture on here I would send it to you. Maybe I'll try and pm you the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I love you guy's suggestions and product reviews. Makes me ever cognizant of those things that I have no use for. Thanks for all the contributions to the fourm, saves me a lot of time and money.
    I do believe Alaska_Lanche has saved me money...truly. He'll just call and say "You dont have the tent you need and after trying these half dozen spendy outfits, this one is best, and I found it 45% off with free shipping."

Sounds good to me!! Problem is I haven't used a bunch of it yet ...