Thread: Boat comparison

Default Boat comparison

This new airboat forum has really got me thinking. I was just wondering the differences between Texas built boats and the Alaskan built boats side height, handling and just any overall advantages from one another? Both look like great boats and I like the prices on Mr. Floyd’s page, any Ideas what the AK airboat sells for?

There are so many variables when it comes to airboats you just can not just look at side height and cost, you need to look at performance and quality of workman ship. Airboat built in Texas are not design for the cold and other extremes in Alaska there is no reason why they can’t be built for Alaska as long they learn what needs to be done.

I know of several people who take there airboats to Fairbanks for maintenance and repair because of the poor service on the local level. I would love to see an out-of-state airboat co. come to Alaska and sell and service all airboat they would sell a lot of boats. If you bought a boat out of state, who would pay for the warrant repair, or would you get a discount?

We have been doing lots of R&D in and out of Alaska. I have been through multiple boats built in Alaska.
    Typical Side Height of our Rhino edition (Built for Alaska) has a 30" Side Height 26" Deep transom at Center.
    If you would like to give me your phone number I would be glad to call you and tell you dozens of different features and in depth technical information. We also offer a LIFETIME hull warranty. We have more linnear welds, The largest full length runners, the handling is greatly improved upon. I can put you in touch with someone who owns and operates both brands. Prices on A Rhino Editon Start around $50K and can go over $120K depending on what all you want.
    We invite buyers to fly in and stay at our waterfront lodge, tour our factory and see first hand the differences. We can also arrange for a free wild boar hunt while visiting. We are eager to sell more boats to Alaska in 2011 and will be offering some great deals and shipping discounts. Current lead time is 90 Days. Next scheduled trip to Alaska is in April!
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

Call AK Airboats in Wasilla and get a price they are not cheap Or Skip in Fairbanks basic starts out around 40,000 when I was looking at the boat with everything I wanted was about 70,000 but I did not like the rivets ,I did buy a used one for 25,000 that rattled and shook stuff apart (Like rivets) I sold it and thats when I had one custom built . An airboat is going to be like anything else all preference in what you want to use it for. The chimes on my boat are set way back makes for quick turning unlike ak airboats the chimes run almost the entire boat and when you turn sharp it sprays alot of water. You can spend as little as 7,000 on a used boat or as deep as your pockets go. As far as Texas boats vs Alaska boats You know Alaska is always bigger... Sorry, LOL . American airboats are a sharp looking boat ,Just do your homework before you buy from anyone. Took me over a year to get my first boat it turned out to be not what I wanted
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    There are so many variables when it comes to airboats you just can not just look at side height and cost, you need to look at performance and quality of workman ship. Airboat built in Texas are not design for the cold and other extremes in Alaska there is no reason why they can’t be built for Alaska as long they learn what needs to be done.

I know of several people who take there airboats to Fairbanks for maintenance and repair because of the poor service on the local level. I would love to see an out-of-state airboat co. come to Alaska and sell and service all airboat they would sell a lot of boats. If you bought a boat out of state, who would pay for the warrant repair, or would you get a discount?
    American Airboats has been building airboats for extreme cold conditions for many decades. We also understand you would not be able to simply come visit us for warranty work, Therefore we do extend warranty to your local service provider. Our Hull has a Lifetime warranty, you break it we fix it! We will pay the shop of your choice. We are also the only manufacturer with a waterfront location who water tests each and every boat for hours prior to shipping. We don't want it to get half way around the world and not put through all tests. American Airboats owns the die for multiple extrusions for our strength braces. We have designed specific structural braces for extreme environment. We control the alloy and temper of our extrusions to ensure they meet our design peramiters. Other companies simply use run of the mill standard products. We are always learning new tricks and tips, we are open minded and willing to work with our customer to design their perfect boat. Everyone has a different Idea of what is the "Best" for them!
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com

Talking

1. Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
      As far as Texas boats vs Alaska boats You know Alaska is always bigger... Sorry, LOL .
    Dang Roger, How much bigger do you want?

Here is a Twin Engine 30ft Boat we built! LOL

Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com

In Alaska we have a extremely short boating season and most boat builder/repair shops are back logs 30 to 90 days depending on the problem. Finding a shop that would put you in front of the line would not happen unless the owner wanted to pay overtime to get his boat repaired. Also the shop will ask the owner to pay for the repair and the owner can deal with the factory.

That is why I feel it is so important for anyone who sell boats in Alaska have there own shop. If you never need to fix a warranty problem your shop will make money fixing other boats. There really is no down side to having a shop in Alaska to support your customers.

I hope that one day we can open a shop in Alaska but I think it will be a while.
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com

Faron,
    Are your warranties transferable from owner to owner for the lifetime of the boat?
    BK

Call me up if you have a second hand boat and lets discuss it. We do offer a Hull warranty that is transferable. Most of the other items are out of warranty when sold.
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Airboatcapt2 View Post
    Dang Roger, How much bigger do you want?

Here is a Twin Engine 30ft Boat we built! LOL

OK ,I will now open mouth and insert foot LMAO !!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I will say that the folks at American Airboats ( AirRanger) Do get out and run their boats They Hunt ,Fish and Ride you might even say they eat and sleep airboats . Look at www.airboatnow.com under popular and look at rockcrawling thats Brotherbob and Hasbeen on a Trip to the coast down the Brazos From Marlin Teaxs area to The Coast at Freeport 459 miles and 360 gal of gas These guys are the kinda guys that run American Airboats in Texas too see more stuff in Texas go ck out www.Southernairboat.com Texas area Thats where I found out about this site.
    Later,
    Ric KC5AKB TAA-222