Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin's shooting skills

Default Palin's shooting skills

Well, after tonight's show it looks like her ability to shoot and handle recoil should have been put to rest. She hit what she was aiming at and did everything herself. Way to go Sara! Jim

Well, now, thats a Good thing........

Didnt see it myself, but I think anyone who represents Alaska , in any way, should know their way around a gun......Its part of what its all about .....aint it.....

Some one asked Jefferson, I belive, 'who, Sir, is the Militia?"

"It is every Citizen....excepting a few Polititions..."
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I'd be super embarrassed if my dad had to cycle the rounds fer me on a semi auto too...

After all the hoorah on the other threads, I decided to watch a couple of her programs.

She clearing demonstrated that her shooting skills are just fine, better than some people I know, with either a shotgun or rifle.

It was also clear that the "first" hunting rifle she employed was knocked of sight when her father fell hard onto it.

What's scary is that as an Alaska Resident, she can hunt Brown/Grizzly Bear, Dall Sheep, and Mountain Goat without a guide...

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    What's scary is that as an Alaska Resident, she can hunt Brown/Grizzly Bear, Dall Sheep, and Mountain Goat without a guide...
    HUH...........?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I have no idea what having a guide has to do w/ anything, other than adding more testosterone to the situation

She did just fine for what I saw.

Now if you can suspend reality a little more, you can also believe that a 70 plus year old guy and his city slicker daughter and a friend can hike in over the tundra "5 or 6 miles" from base camp with their camping gear, set up camp, shoot a caribou (the friend), get up the next day find and shoot a second caribou, cut up for packing two caribou, break camp, then pack all that out to the base camp in an hour and a half according to the time posts on the show. All that in two days.........

They really are quite remarkable folks.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

OMG not that.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Great show last night. After all of the whining here, I've committed to making the time to check it out.

Sarah was great, as was her family. The bear stuff was all overblown, but she handles a black shotgun as well as any guy I know.
    Granted, the whole Goselin thing was too much reality show bunk, but given a chance, Goselin's urban kids would have loved to have hung out there on the river for days I think...Probably the only real outdoors those children will ever see in their lives.
    It was pretty sad watching their mother b*tch the entire show while they laughed, learned and played...until she pulled the plug.
    Proud to be an American!

What I meant was, and I don't mean to turn this into a thread discussing guiding laws, was that I think it funny that someone who displayed (in my opinion) an obvious lack of wilderness savvy is still technically allowed to hunt Brown/Grizzly Bear, Dall Sheep, and Mt Goat without a guide. Yes, it's kind of a jab at a regulation that is somewhat flawed...in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    HUH...........?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    Now if you can suspend reality a little more, you can also believe that a 70 plus year old guy and his city slicker daughter and a friend can hike in over the tundra "5 or 6 miles" from base camp with their camping gear, set up camp, shoot a caribou (the friend), get up the next day find and shoot a second caribou, cut up for packing two caribou, break camp, then pack all that out to the base camp in an hour and a half according to the time posts on the show. All that in two days.........

They really are quite remarkable folks.
    That has to be one of the most incredulous statements yet... my old fart hunting buddy is in his LATE 60's pushing that 70 mark and not only keeps up with me, but still works 6 days a week and will go about anywhere you point him.

Don't discount some one due to age, some of them are a hell of a lot meaner then we give them credit for.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Don't know how you figure that.
    Her wilderness savvy appears just fine to me.
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Don't discount some one due to age, some of them are a hell of a lot meaner then we give them credit for.
    Vince, I'm not discounting them due to age. That is a mitigating factor. The real discount is that the story doesn't add up to the time alloted. How much weight do you think they were packing with the meat and their camp gear? Then Chuck said they were 5 to 6 miles from the base camp. The time stamps on the show showed they made it out in about 1 1/2 hours.

Now tell me that adds up to you. That would be next to impossible even for young guys in great shape. That means they were making 4 mph with no breaks for 5 or 6 miles over the tundra.....packing two caribou and their camp stuff...........yah right.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    I'd be super embarrassed if my dad had to cycle the rounds fer me on a semi auto too...
    Ummm, did you miss the part where she cycled the pump action?

And, I think she does a great job (as does her family) of exibiting the values many of us share and representing the State of Alaska in a positive (and realistic) light.

What camp stuff? They never set up a spike camp. They showed them at the same camp each night.

I see it this way:

Considering how little time she has in-state these days, I'm betting she still managed some serious practice time before shooting in front of a camera. I know I sure would have. That says good things about her intent, make-believe as film world is. Make believe and shifty facts are the nature of the beast with any "reality" show. Have you ever seen anything as silly as Undercover Boss? As if the featured supervisor wouldn't think something was up when all the cameras show up and he/she is asked to say and do the same thing over again 5 or 6 times. Yeah, right.

I may have serious issues with Sarah as a quitter, but I cut her a lot of slack on the show. If she can use her "fame" to try and get a little bit of truth about Alaska outdoors into the national press, she gets my support for the show. Just not my vote for President.

WHEWWWwww,

Preparation is Everything, glad she did some practicing
    I think it's Crazy Scary how many folks are watching her every move, all ok, I guess,
    as long as she takes it seriously, all that attention to what she is promoting,
    you know Hunting, Fishing, Cutting game up and all, nice to know she was a little ready

Her days in Politics are probably over but sounds like she'll be around as a starlet for a while, so what will they be promoting next?

Imagine they'll take Good Care of the crosshairs, no matter what it is.

Nothing like some good constructive criticism to put the heat on for change,
    Next move, "Unsubscribe from thread immediately" before angering anyone with opinion, may be too late already........

Good one tho jd, thanks for posting, didn't see it on TV
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I wish every woman in the USofA would take up arms and learn to shoot. Hopefully the Palin's will inspire at least a few to do so. With a little luck, perhaps some of the spineless men folk will be inspired as well. I personally have no problem with a person, be it woman/man/celebrity/unknown, as long as they are taking up arms. Would it help, if the Palin's would go unbathed for a month, put on some scruffy fur coat and hat, adopt a worn out sled dog, put Chuck on the ice flow and use a junk car and beer cans for target practice?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast