Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting your guns

Default Painting your guns

I know there are quite a few garage painters out there. Who love to customize there gun stocks. I'm really interested in giving this a try my-self. If there are any artist out there, that would like to show off some of there art work. Please feel free and post some pictures here. I would like to see what some people have come up with. Thanks

No one on this site would ever be all preppy and paint up their rifle.. We are all too busy beating them up in the field to be playing with them in the garage!

LuJon,
    I'm talking about applying DuraCoat firearm finishing to you gun. Trust me when I say I'm not that preppy. I just have alot of time on my hands, I'm a disabled veteran and don't get out in the "field" much. So if there is anything else you like to add, please feel free to continue to hijack this thread...

Attachment 42902I did this as an intermediate paint job for the winter. Mask off the black plastic stock with blue tape in branch pattern, spray on green Krylon Fusion, remove tape, put on netting, and spray with off-white Fusion. Voila! I will probably put on another paint job later.

Nice job Sayak. How long has the Krylon fusion paint held up? Secondly does it scratch up easily? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_AK View Post
    Nice job Sayak. How long has the Krylon fusion paint held up? Secondly does it scratch up easily? Thanks in advance
    All this winter so far. A little scratching, but they don't call it "Fusion" for nothing. When it gets too scratched up I'll just re-do it to something I like equally well or better.

It's fun and cheap to do it this way. If I had a Duracoat job done, I could never feel good about just re-doing it. Too much money down the drain.

Man, that looks great, sayak! It makes me think I need to give my predator gun another try. I went the simple, lazy-man's route. Tape the important parts and cover it with white spray paint. (The irony is that I forgot my overwhites this day, so my gun was camoflauged, but I was not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Man, that looks great, sayak! It makes me think I need to give my predator gun another try. I went the simple, lazy-man's route. Tape the important parts and cover it with white spray paint. (The irony is that I forgot my overwhites this day, so my gun was camoflauged, but I was not.)

Dude-
    apparently the coyotes don't care how perty one dresses, or how perty one's rifle is. That picture makes me really want to get a bipod instead of the shooting stick I currently have. Can you still put the rifle in a rifle holster with it on?

Here is my .17 I did in Krylon, and the tutorial for it is on page 7 at 17hmr.net under "17 HMR in general." Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_AK View Post
    LuJon,
    I'm talking about applying DuraCoat firearm finishing to you gun. Trust me when I say I'm not that preppy. I just have alot of time on my hands, I'm a disabled veteran and don't get out in the "field" much. So if there is anything else you like to add, please feel free to continue to hijack this thread...
    Hmm, I guess the "wink" emoticon didn't make it through?... Or perhaps the disclaimer in my avatar wasn't clear? .....Speaking of the emoticons, Brian M do we know why our emoticons reverted back to the stock vbulletin ones? That wink and several others are awful, very hard to see what "emotion" is on the blurry little face....... <----- that guy is "winking"..... OK back on topic (even though given permission to hijack (THANKS!)).... YES we have a very long thread on painting up rifles. I will toss up a link to it at the bottom of this post. First here is my 17HMR

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ight=durracoat

Thread on my 17..

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...134#post846134

This one is about the camo dip kits, I don't know if anyone from the AOD ever did try this out though...
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...light=duracoat

Thank you for your service!

LuJon,
    Thanks for posting the links. They are going to be very helpful. As for the "e- motion" stuff. I can't see those on my IPhone screen very well. There to small, and look like smiley faces. As if you were intentionally being an ass. So as you can see it's can be very
    easy to take to wrong way. Have a good one and take care.

Jon - Nope, I don't know why that happened. I'll send off a note to Man1c M0g to see if we can get that reversed back to how it was. I much prefer the old ones as well.

sayak - A rifle holster...as in a gun boot or gun case? It's a tight fit in a soft gun case, and I haven't tried putting it in a Koplin gun boot.

The paint seems to hold uo pretty well http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...d-up?highlight=
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Josh, here is what I came up with. I just used some cheap white paint that I had on hand. Then I used a magic marker to draw some black lines. I couldn't bring myself to paint the scope and barrel, so I covered them with cut up pieces of a white, child sized leotard. It doesn't look as nice as some of the ones I've seen posted, but I don't care. It was fun, fast, and cheap. I don't know how well the paint job will hold up, as I never seem to be able to get it out of the house for some action.

Attachment 42924
    Last edited by Chilly; 12-13-2010 at 14:21. Reason: grammar

Think I'm going to go with the digital camo pattern. Like the Army uniform pattern. This is going to be a real pain in the ass but it would look awesome when it's done. Not sure which caliber and model to paint up. I guess the best way to go about this would be to buy the stock and go from there. I take it no one has ever applied digital camo to there gun before. Other wise someone would have surely showed that off. Give me a few months and hopefully I can have it done.
    For those that have submitted your customized paint jobs thanks abunch.
    Now I'm inspired ...

Josh, check out www.camodipkit.com they have the digital camo and a bunch of other patterns. The "kit" runs $100 but you get a 2'x8' sheet which will do quite a few firearms or other objects. I don't know of any better way to do the specialty camo's than hydrodipping, I just don't think you will get the look with duracoat.

Man. You boys are doing some amazing looking paint jobs! Very top notch looking. Makes me want to come up with a project this winter, but hate to think what my project would look like?? I better look for a beater to start with.

I'm pretty sure there is a digital camo kit available for duracoat paint. I'm sure if you google something like "duracoat", or check out this website.....

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

I'm going to try the camo dip kit digital camo on a mossberg 500 tactical set-up. That way if I screw up it's cheap to replace. Then if it looks good I'll move on to the Remington 700 in .308.

Anyone attempt a multi-cam paint job?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast