Thread: McGrath / Meadow Creek Area??

Default McGrath / Meadow Creek Area??

Hello Forum members!!

I was wondering on what wild game/trapping, fishing is there, besides Moose? Been surfing the web an not much info on that location.

Thanks

I would suspect there are three possible answers, one there is no animals, it two hard to hunt or the people that do hunt it are smart enough to know when to keep there mouth shut. That is a lesson several people on this forum need to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    I would suspect there are three possible answers, one there is no animals, it two hard to hunt or the people that do hunt it are smart enough to know when to keep there mouth shut. That is a lesson several people on this forum need to learn.
    Thanks, I will go with the " there is no animals". one..

Have you tried contacting the local biologist for that area? If not, your ignoring a good tool at your disposal.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Arer you asking about the Meadow Cr. that is at the head of the Nowitna R.? If so, that is a very small creek. No float plane access and if you can get in on wheels it is gonna be on a ridge way above the creek.
    That country is considered good marten country. May be a guy or 2 that traps up that way, hard to say. Likely decent moose and a very rare caribou. Black bears galore and a few griz.
    It would have a decent selection of other furbearers.
    I see by the map there may be a couple of lakes at the mouth of Meadow Cr. large enough to land a float plane.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

The info that was given to me and a buddy this fall by the local bio was that the moose in the Mcgrath area were hurting due to wolves/bears. Have fun and kill some wolves. Give the local bio a call..