Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Zumbo stabs us in the ...

Angry Zumbo repentant or caught at it?

Not much of an apology- "Gee, it was windy that day and I was tired so I mistanely labled a bunch of my fellow hunters, target shooters, and every American GI and Cop terrorists."
    I hope he CC'd the Brady Campaign and CNN- they will be using Zumbo's words against us.
    Rob

Smile Show respect for Jim Zumbo

I think Jim Z expressing his opinion is the least of our problems. Probably he is honest in what he said, and in the appology he said he was going to learn everything he could on the subject.

That's good enough for me, and it's more than I would do. I am perhaps as guilty as he is on the subject, and I shared his initial opinion. I am traditionalist and also do not see these assault rifles as having a place in sport hunting or prarie dog shooting. However, I am reluctant to harbor the view that others should not enjoy them - for sport. It's just that I can see a strange gleem in the eyes of some of the characters who seem to have an affinity for these types of weapons.

I suspect this is a subject that many of us haven't given too much thought. Perhaps most of us have little use for them, but just keep quite because we don't want to do harm to our gun rights. Also, there may be many like me who are surprised somewhat by the seemingly disproportionate emotion and hot-headedness expressed by some when the subject comes up of these weapons not really being sporting rifles.

It's kind of like the reaction one would expect by naming a mule the big forbidden "N" word, then taking a bunch of flaming politically correct liberals on a pack trip.

KB

Thumbs down terrorist zumbo

I wonder if he knows that it is hunting that we need to fight for because there is no provision for it in ths constitution?

The 2nd amendment is for assault rifles like the assault muskets that won our freedom.

Hunting arms pressed into military service.

I see nothing better to prarie dog hunt with than an AR-15.

Since every serviceman took an oath to defend this country against all enemies both foriegn and domestic. It is a duty to keep an AR handy at all times.

Especially with skumbags like zumbo around. Zumbo is quite the verbal domestic terorist.

The NRA needs to revoke his membership. If the pinko commie even has one.

jedi.

Kabluewy, I disagree. I found his apology hollow. Besides if you eliminate "assault rifles" from hunting there goes all the Mauser's, Springfield's, Enfields,Mosins etc. including our beloved Winchester 70's and Remington 700's. As a matter of fact just about any sporting centerfire rifle out there either started out as or has been influenced by being used in combat.
    I know several people (myself included) that hunt with AR's, SKS's, and AK's and that's in the lower 48 as well as Alaska and have great success.
    What bent my nose out of joint is his reference to AR's as terrorist weapons and called for the banning of such firearms from the field. If you only like hunting with wood stocked blued steel rifles be my guest but don't you dare limit me from using certain self loading rifle's just because you don't like the looks of them or their association with military organizations.

Zumbo stepped on <himself> bigtime. Now all he's worried about is whether he will still have a J-O-B Monday morning, and whether he will still get all the free $hyte manufacturers give him for his prostituting himself. Like he'll beg someone to give him a free AR and he'll be "one of us".

I really think about this all the time. I have several of the evil black rifles. And I hunt with them.

And virtually everyone on firearms forums do not even know what an "assault rifle" really is. Can't anyone bother to even learn what it is they are discussing? I sure as hell would love to have several assault rifles. I'd be worth my weight in gold.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 02-18-2007 at 21:07. Reason: word choice

Nitroman,
    If you are referring to the Sturmgewehr you are correct. But just about every gun that has drawn human blood has been called an assault rifle at one time or another albeit technically incorrect.

Thanks Jim, thats really gonna help.......THEM, YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

He just saved me 4 bux a month!

I think Jim better get the want ads !!!!
    He is going to be job hunting .......
    I think his sponsers are getting very uneasy about now .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

The CEO from Remington is repudiating JZ and the whole business. In fairness to Remington they got drug into this without their knowledge. So, please, don't go after them......... They were politely (as they could be) outraged by the thing. Now they have to do damage control for something that they had nothing to do with, in the first place.

His very lame back peddle, I think, was do to a hasty communication from Outdoor Life when they found out about it themselves. They have posted a disclaimer themdelves. Me thinks there's going to be someone new in the unemployment line soon.
    Dan

Default Zumbo

I carried a M-16 in Viet Nam and like those serving today fought for his right to have his say. It's too bad he is so ungrateful as to infer that we are terrorist. His sorry Sorry fell short of addressing that slur. His quote is alredy being used by those who would take away our RKBA.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Anybody that believes Zumbo when he says that there is no need for these types of firearms in the hands of hunters will also say that they belive Bill Clinton when he said "I did not have sex with that woman".

And as far as the definition of an Assault Weapon there is no such critter in the US Military Nomenclature. There is no such critter in any military's nomenclature. There is no Manual entitled Assault Weapon Blah Blah number. It doesn't exsist. It's a word made up by the media.

And no Military past or present has fought for anybodies right to Freedom of Speech since the Revolutionary War. I get so tired of hearing our military members past and present say they fought for our rights in such and such war. Well there is nobody alive today that has fought for our Constitutional Rights since 1865 and that was the War of Northern Aggression. And yes I am former Military and served in SE Asia. I didn't serve in SE Asia defending any American's right to anything. My 3 sons are serving time in Kuwait at the moment and they are not serving there to defend the Rights of any American.

His new banner !!!!!!

RR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default guys!

Give Jim Zumbo a break! Can you not accept an apology??? I heard him on Gresham's Gun Talk today and he readily admited that he was talking out of ignorance and had learned a lot. He just didn't have any experience with tactical style rifles. Now, why not accept his apology and move on??? Yes, it's them not us -- act like you mean that. Zumbo is one of us who made a mistake.

Conceding that a weapon must have a hunting or sporting purpose is step one in losing the right to keep arms for defense and militia purposes.

I listend to that CYA, back slappin', good-ol'-boy-made-a-little-mistake-in-judgement shuck n' jive act. Same kind of sincerity we got from Clinton. The Elitist attitude of both of these people toward the rest of us was almost more than I could stand.

If we couldn't see past the "obvious" and believe their spin, we were no more than knuckle dragging morons; and shouldn't have guns in our hands anyway. HANG 'EM BOTH; They're such good buddies anyway: It would be a shame to seperate them.
    Dan

Wink

Jim Zumbo I believe was expressing his heart felt belief. Are we to hate him for that, no just dissagree? As far as assault weapons the folks that support this idea would include semi auto shotguns, semi. rifles semi. pistols ect. If you follow this line of thought through, only guns that are used for hunting that THEY deem safe would be allowed for now! Next would come your need to have such weapons when there are no hunting seasons, after all what do we need them for then? Many of the people that push these views on us are well armed themselves. LOL Do you really think that they are going to give up their guns? Most people think that the people we put in office run this country, not true the judges do, consider the court decisions of late, ex. the right to own private properity ect. Bill
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Default Accuracy

There are quite a few AR-15 style rifles such as the Olympic Arms UM-1 that shoot sub 1/4" groups at 100 yards with proper ammo. They can hold their own in shooting varmints with the bolt-action varmint rifles available. I point this out just because some people do not know the accuracy potential of these rifles. Zumbo needs to learn what an assault rifle is and is not. I was trained in the US Army in the use of several different types of assault rifles and they all had one feature in common. They were all capable of full auto fire, which the US Government took away from us a few years back except for arms made before the ban date. An AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle not an assault rifle.

One of the really great things about this forum is that it is a place of civil discourse. You really don't have to worry about getting flamed just because you are ignorant. The quality of the discussion is outstanding because people just don't go off on each other, and when it does occasionally become test Murphy reigns it in. Ignorance leads to prejudice and I think that's what Zumbo was saying in his apology. Let's hope the old dog can learn some new tricks.

His comments just go to show that when you don't keep up with real world developments and start commenting outside your area of knowledge and experience you can make a real fool of yourself no matter who you are.

"But for the grace of God there go I."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast