Thread: Homer Harbor

Default Homer Harbor

Finally got my own Slip! Yippeeee. No more moving boats around to get out the harbor.

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

Congratulations! Having a permanent slip is a great feeling. Good on you.

I have had mine in Homer for 3 years now. Kind of spendy for 5 months of use and that figures out at $250 a month for use, but it sure is handy. I'm in the CC slip area, where are you kundsemr
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Q25 Blue Thunder

How long did you have to wait to get it?
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Moose Head
    Well, I signed up this year and got one this year, so not long. It was a surprise though cause initially they said I wouldnt get one this year and maybe would next year..........Then out of the blue I got a notice in the mail saying they had an opening. not sure how but oh well, good for me

I got mine in a year also. The folks at the harbor office told me in May that I had a good chance of getting one in the fall and that's just what happened. It's great having a stall.

This past week the harbor has frozen up pretty good. I spent yesterday afternoon "chippin' and movin'". Got the boat out of J-12 and put in on the end of J float after plowing a path out to the main channel. I'm going to head over to our cabin on the south side today. Just praying I can get back into the harbor when I return tomorrow...

Cliffhanger, yeh I went down to homer yesterday for some hockey games and went and checked out my spot...and like you said its was all frozen up. I saw a few boats like mine with outboards and they had them down in the water just encased with ice. This cant be good can it? I would think the motors should at least be out of the water, Whats your thought? SKOOKUM......Nice,
    I recognize that boat : )

This is my first winter in a frozen harbor with a new boat, so I will defer to boaters with more experience like Homer Dave.

However, I always store my engines raised up when I park my boat.

Thanks for the compliments on Skookum. We love our new boat...