Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 2011 Polaris 800 Pro, who has one!?!?!?!

  1. #1
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default 2011 Polaris 800 Pro, who has one!?!?!?!

    OK, Here is the deal. Sold my LX Widetrack, bought a 02' 700 RMK (cheap ride for the year) nice one tho! I'm looking into a fire breathing, snow spitting, rip snorting powder/hill sled. I do believe I have found, "THE SLED"!

    2011 Polaris 800 Pro!

    Sat on one today at the shop, felt nice, looks nice, tons of HP, A crap load of track, and only weighing in at 432 LBS! Me think's I be 'in-love'!

    So! Who here has one, and is there a 'hatties chance in hell' I could ride it to check it out I need the HP, I'm feelin the tug at the heart, help a brotha out! If I can't ride it, at least give me your honest opinion on the sled!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    OK, Here is the deal. Sold my LX Widetrack, bought a 02' 700 RMK (cheap ride for the year) nice one tho! I'm looking into a fire breathing, snow spitting, rip snorting powder/hill sled. I do believe I have found, "THE SLED"!

    2011 Polaris 800 Pro!

    Sat on one today at the shop, felt nice, looks nice, tons of HP, A crap load of track, and only weighing in at 432 LBS! Me think's I be 'in-love'!

    So! Who here has one, and is there a 'hatties chance in hell' I could ride it to check it out I need the HP, I'm feelin the tug at the heart, help a brotha out! If I can't ride it, at least give me your honest opinion on the sled!
    I don't own one, but if I had $12K to spare I would likely pick one up.......honestly though I am hoping in 3 years I can get one on craigslist for $7500. Just gotta ride my 07 600 RMK until then.

  3. #3
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I don't own one, but if I had $12K to spare I would likely pick one up.......honestly though I am hoping in 3 years I can get one on craigslist for $7500. Just gotta ride my 07 600 RMK until then.
    I hear ya, if I had the 12k right now, that sled would be on my trailer! lol....... I would like to ride one for a quick spin so I can drool for the next year. Trust me, I'll be watching craigslist like a hawk next summer/fall.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eagle River/Yentna River
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I got a this year. So far I have a couple hundred miles on it and I would have to say that it is much better than I expected it to be. Was worried that it would be tippy like the skidoo but it handles very nice. I have not had it in relly deep snow yet but we did run into some that was 4 feet or so. Floats relly nice. So far it has been a dream to ride, give me another month and I will have given it the complete run thru. I don't ride in the mountians so I can't not speak to its ability there but it handles nice thru the bumps and great in the open swamps.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marbs View Post
    I got a this year. So far I have a couple hundred miles on it and I would have to say that it is much better than I expected it to be. Was worried that it would be tippy like the skidoo but it handles very nice. I have not had it in relly deep snow yet but we did run into some that was 4 feet or so. Floats relly nice. So far it has been a dream to ride, give me another month and I will have given it the complete run thru. I don't ride in the mountians so I can't not speak to its ability there but it handles nice thru the bumps and great in the open swamps.
    How was the break in period on your sled? It is 2 tanks of fuel roughly, correct? I have an assault switchback coming either today or tomorrow, just waiting for the call and curious as to what you were told to do for the break in..... Lets see some pics of that sled!

  6. #6
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    A buddy I work with has one (and also Snow-Checked a '10 Dragon 800 the year before) and said the difference between it and the Dragon is more substantial than he thought. I'll see if I can get the pic of his two sleds side by side, but the differences in the profile is amazing. Easier to ride, obviously feels lighter, and he couldn't say enough about it. Coming from him (complete sledhead), I'd take his word for it....

  7. #7
    Member franklinfleagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    wasilla, ak
    Posts
    109

    Default

    my friend has one, burned up with around 200 miles... at dealer for warranty work now, my other buddy has a rush 800 in nome and guess its been at the dealer too trying to figure out if something is wrong with the powervalves or the ecu.... idk if that's any indication on how the motors run or not, but take it with a grain of salt, that said i've heard the new rmk chasis handles like no other and boondocks awesome, heard its easy to lay right over in the deep and great for sidehilling.... i'm sure you would be happy with the new 800 from polaris!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eagle River/Yentna River
    Posts
    105

    Default

    the break in was no problem. I did have some hesitation on the gas a few times but I was told that, that is common with efi engines. After the first couple of tanks have not had it happen again. So far it has to be the best sled I have ever rode. I usually ride a couple thousand miles a year so I will update if I have any troubles but none so far.

  9. #9
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Thanks for the replies!

    marbs, please do keep us posted here on your year rides.

    I'mmmmmmmm dreaming, of a red/black polarisssssssss.......... Just like the one in the show room floor, of the deeeeeaaaaler........

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    wait till next year let them fix somethings on the sled. Has the working to take alot sales away from skidoo. Nice sled. I only got to take for a quick ride. pulled pretty good. Not like the xp but it pulled. It felt way lighter than the skidoo tho. If you get one youll be happy

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    AKSLDOG check this video out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCh59r-1RyQ

  12. #12
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    AKSLDOG check this video out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCh59r-1RyQ
    I watched that vid 10 times the night I made this post, just killer! Here's one that Slednecks did for the 800 Pro, some **** good riding!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHY-n...eature=related

  13. #13
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Some pro rmk in this, worth watching tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-CnA...eature=related
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

  14. #14
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    Heres a side by side of the RMK Pro and the Dragon. You can see how much narrower the Pro is...


  15. #15
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    And from the rear

  16. #16
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    Some pro rmk in this, worth watching tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-CnA...eature=related
    Good video, some sweet powder riding!

  17. #17
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    208 makes some good films! And the pro is quite skinny hunt! Took my 06 rmk out to badly yesterday, man that thing is a pain in the a$# to throw around. But the 755 motor has some massive torque. Hillclimbs with ease.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

  18. #18
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    WOW, the cowling design looks like it fell off of an Arctic Cat engineers desk!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •