Thread: Cheapest .223 ammo in a while?

Default Cheapest .223 ammo in a while?

In the flyer in the paper this morning Sportsman's Warehouse has American Eagle .223 for $59.99 for a value pack of 200 rds. ($5.99 a box). I've still got a couple of the $10 off cards from the gun show so it knocks it down to $49.99 for my first 200 rds.

This is the lowest price I've seen on domestic stuff here in Anchorage in quite a while - or am I overlooking a better deal somewhere else?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

That's a good price.

SW has about the best prices on ammo on sale I've seen in a long time. Stock up now
    Was in there a couple of days ago and they were selling Marlin XLR stainless 45-70's for $599!
    Seen some fantastic prices on .22 ammo as well when I was there.
    Tennessee

And savage model 111 for $370. I might need one...

Is the box marked .223 Rem or 5.56 NATO? Regardless, that is a good price.

No affiliation at all with this ad, but this guy is from Anchorage and he has this post on Alaska's List with some pretty good prices:

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen...5_56_Ammo.html

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    In the flyer in the paper this morning Sportsman's Warehouse has American Eagle .223 for $59.99 for a value pack of 200 rds. ($5.99 a box). I've still got a couple of the $10 off cards from the gun show so it knocks it down to $49.99 for my first 200 rds.

This is the lowest price I've seen on domestic stuff here in Anchorage in quite a while - or am I overlooking a better deal somewhere else?
    That $49.99 for 200 breaks down to .25 a round which is a price I haven't seen in ten years.

The guy on Graigs list has good prices, .37 a round? I've seen generic .223 for as much as .50 a round in stores.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

The picture in the add shows the box marked ".223 Remington" and "55 Grain Full Metal Jacket". This the American Eagle brand by Federal.

Price is effective 12/10 to 12/19 "subject to stock on hand - no rain checks" per the flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is the box marked .223 Rem or 5.56 NATO? Regardless, that is a good price.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

So I did the "tour de anchorage gunshops" yesterday, and one of the things I was searching for was .223/5.56 and I have to say, was not very impressed with what I saw. Earlier this year we were buying from R&N in wasilla, at $280/1000 rounds. -They were completely dry when I called them. I wish that I had saw that sale at SW! The best that I saw was wolf at The Ammo Can $340/1000 rounds. Everybody else was in the $380-$400 range at best/1000 rounds. There was quite a few that their best deal was $400 or more.

Anybody else seeing any deals hanging around?

You cant compare Wolf ammo with real ammo

Might be worth checking Walmart

HSM at the sportsman warehouse going for 17 dollars and some change for 50 rounds so around 350 dollars for 1,000 rds. Not a bad deal either.

Sports Authority has ammo advertised at 20% off advertised in the Sunday liberal worker's paper. Brand name 9mm was 9.97 a box I beleive- don't know about .223 / 5.56 but it maybe worth a call or stop.