Thread: Are these good????

Default Are these good????

these are a couple of my dirt sets??? I have lure in the the hole and fax urine in behind the trap... does this look right... I feel that I have done well... I guess Next week will tell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0206.jpg   IMG_0202.jpg  

looks very good hope you get something

Id bet you catch a squirrel

i think i'd have gone with some guide sticks for the trap itself, or a steppin' stick. looks nice..hopefully your traps don't crust over to hard.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

The dirt hole looks fine. Don't know what you are trapping for or how you are fastening your traps. That set will be fine if using a drag or graple. If you are staking traps solid you need a smaller backing so animal can not get leverage to help pull out. I never use a tree for a backing. I use a small bush, rock. or piece of bone works well.

Well I am clueless... went to check out traps today... NOTHING maybe the high winds and the sharp drop in temps had something to do with it... guess we will see next time I go out

Stick with it bud, nothing worth while ever came easy.
    If I were you, I would set some snares and get bait out there.
    Good luck, can't wait to see your first catch.

We are going to stick to it... We do have some snares out... we wnat to get a bait pile out also... we have a couple rabbit hides out for a bait pile... it is just really hard to find bait this time of year...

Those are good looking sets, but what are you trying to catch? I assume fox. Dirtholes for fox aren't usually very productive in timber or brush. Make them more in the open.
    Those 2 sets would actually be good lynx sets if you have lynx around, but don't cover the trap.
    Set snares around or near the set also.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by rock2382 View Post
    We are going to stick to it... We do have some snares out... we wnat to get a bait pile out also... we have a couple rabbit hides out for a bait pile... it is just really hard to find bait this time of year...
    For bait, you could use food trash or anything really stinky like old grease. Those rabbit hides could work also. I have a buddy who likes to put squirrel tails and strips of hide in the wind for a visual attractant nears sets.