Thread: "Big Brother" outdoorsmen

Default "Big Brother" outdoorsmen

My response to the talk about cameras over on the bear baiting forum:

"Give it a break, we live in too much of a surveillance society as it is ( "Don't Touch My Junk" TSA ) without turning the public outdoors into downtown London with cameras & microphones. I won't protest if F&G stands up to big business and bans them and the rest of the techie substitutes for skill, etc. With that said, what you do on your own private property is your business as long as they point IN to your property not OUT at us. Just leave the rest of us alone to enjoy the outdoors without your Big Brother contrivances."

P.S. This is not about hunting bears using bait, which is a historical practice.

I dont know what was said in other thread, but i dont realy get it right now? as far as the pionted in thing, well we used trail cams back on the ranch to catch hunters sneaking on, by pionting them out, it gave us a idea of who it was. Also found out when and where the big whitetails used some of the trails, its not a for sure science, just a better idea. I have never realy used em for anything else, and i bag game without, but it would be nice to use em in places that i frequent often to see what is realy moveing, not to replace the knowledge of basic hunting tactics, but to see the size of the animals, and timeing they are there. public or private i dont see a diff. ide just think guys would steal em on public lands? dont realy know what the grip is about getting a pic of you without youre consent, or guys replaceing skill with technology, either realy matter to me, dont care either way, hell some guys are haveing a real problem with the newer sporting riffles, the AR tacticals, its like the days when cartriges replaced black powder? guess every dog has its day? I see it this way, hang on to youre beliefs, and let others do the same, no one way is better, not to say that i would ever use one on a bear bait, unless i had problems with other hunters or bears?

The guy on the other forum asked for help on choosing a trail camera, not really sure why you felt the need to reply that response to his question then post your duplicate response here???

Don't know what was said but if you see a bearbait site it should be posted then that should give you an idea probably cameras around. Now as hunters we are looking for the advantage a game cameras is one way to get the edge. We all have the gadgets from range finders to spotting scopes. I was watching a hunting show and there range finder was not working those boys were lost. They stopped hunting so they could go get batteries lol.

Cameras running for survaliance, to time game movments and see "how big it really is" ,cameras for law enforcment, cameras for personal memories, cameras for documentrys.

Information is like a gun, the situation depends on how you use it.

Filming for many reasons is big and getting bigger.....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default Bukshot, you are an idiot of the first order

Who in the HE L L O do you think you are chastising those folks for talking about using technology and trail cams when you respond via computer? What the F.......? They have a great thread going, sharing info, and you pronounce your edict that they are skewed? What a bigoted sanctimonious JERK!
    Do us a favor, give us all a break and stay away from technology! And we won't protest if you choose not to say something so ludicrous in the future.
    ARR

And one more thing, since you are so against technology, don't bother responding unless you use Pony Express or a Pigeon.....Big Brother may be watching.

Just because you may be paranoid, does NOT mean they're not watching you.