Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klim Gear Questions.

Question Klim Gear Questions.

Will time for at lest new bibs and thinking about Klim. Want some thing good to -50 and water proof. I have used Klim for many years and liked it. Was wondering if there is now anything out there that is better. Where is the best place to buy Klim?
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I'm still a Klim fan. I prefer their fabric to the lightweight stuff that's showing up on the racks. It makes a difference in the cold. The best Klim dealer I know of is Anch Yamaha. At least they were the past two years. I haven't been in this year. I did buy some of the Klim low front bibs from Fun Outfitters on the web last year. On sale cheap. I like them okay but the leg zippers are short and the lack of the bib pocket bothers me. The full-on bibs are still the best for me.

Thanks Mr Pid. Where is Anchorage Yamaha. I'm headed north in a week or so and will go and check.

ive ridden in the 40 below range...god knows what it was with the windchill and i've been using the Klim climates, they actually have some insulation in them and couldn't be happier with them.

i've used klim up in nome and in mcgrath for years, they work well, i prefer to ride with my klim pants/arctic carhart coat, time to bust out the beaver hat n mitts too n then your nice n toasty when its good and cold, anyways lots of -70 windchill trips out in the boonies with klim and they work well, 91 percent of iron doggers use klim... i got a pretty good deal on my new klim gear last year too for racing the nome-golovin and it was pretty cold ride, but my gear kept me warm, the coat would ride up though after 100 mph cuz the wind kinda starts pushin back on ya, that's why i prefer my carhart coat with my klim bibs, carhart coat doesn't seem to do that and its about 1/3 the price, i like carhart bibbs too, but they aren't as mobile as the klim bibs...

Thanks for the input. Guess I'm going to have to bite the big one and fork out the money.

About the best pricing you'll find on Klim gear is at www.sledgearusa.com.

Not knocking Klim gear (I know it's good), but have you considered HMK gear? I went HMK this year and REALLY like it! not to mention, after a little chit chat with the guy from 'mad hatter' in Anchorage, I scored on the cost! $625.00 for bibs, pull over coat, tech liner coat. The same set up with Klim was over $850.00.

AKDSLDOG where did you get the HMk gear? I have not heard of the "mad hatter". Would like to look at this gear. Thanks Dan

Print out an online quote and bring it in to Fish Creek sales in the valley for klim gear.
    They have matched the price for us in the past.
    Mad Hatter is at the fair every year. I believe they have a retail outlet in the valley somewhere.
    BK

We have a shade tree catalog and it has Klim and HMK gear, Some cheap prices too! Putting in my order with them.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    AKDSLDOG where did you get the HMk gear? I have not heard of the "mad hatter". Would like to look at this gear. Thanks Dan
    MAD HATTER has a couple of locations in Anchorage, the one that has the most snomachine riding gear is in the DIAMOND MALL,(I bought my gear at this location), corner of Diamond blv. & Old Seward hwy. You can also go to HMK.COM, thier official web site and look at the stuff. The Mad Hatter beat all the online prices.

Curt

Thanks AKDSLDOG I'm checking HMK now

Marita sea and ski across from the east side costco has some great prices and they have a big inventory. It seemed like they had a lot more gear than Yamaha.

I have a friend that was looking at some new gear I don't know the name of it but the logo was a piston on an arm or somethign like that. They have a great warrenty and replacment deal I'll ask him the brand. Suppose to be some really awsome stuff and near 1/3 of the cost of klim

I have an HMK white camo shell from eagle rive polaris/arctic cat its a nice coat for the mountains, river test this weekend. If I wasnt still growing id get a klim coat, but I know id be paying for that brand on the coat ahaha.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

The best pricing on Klim is when it is on sale (unless you get a pro deal). Wait until it is on sale and save large % over retail. I have found brand new gear on ebay too.

I prefer KLIM over HMK. My wife has HMK gear, let's put it that way. Fairly tough, priced cheaper, but not the quality materials and engineering of the KLIM gear. I prefer the Togwotee bibs...

Quote Originally Posted by ARGONUT View Post
    I have a friend that was looking at some new gear I don't know the name of it but the logo was a piston on an arm or somethign like that. They have a great warrenty and replacment deal I'll ask him the brand. Suppose to be some really awsome stuff and near 1/3 of the cost of klim
    That is Motorfist gear, about the same prices as Klim. Motorfist had a lifetime warranty advertised last year (their first, to get customers I'm guessing) but no more. Klim still has the best warranty, including free or dirt cheap repairs.

I bought some Klim Radium boots from anchorage yamaha last week. They were having a 25% off deal and Ive heard a lot of good things about Klim, so I couldnt pass them up! Haven't been riding with them yet, but they seem really nice. I look pretty odd wearing them around inside the house though (breaking them in)... I couldnt find a better deal online than Anch Yamaha and keeping it local is always good. However, I normally wear a size 11.5 - 12 in almost all my shoes, in Klim I had to get a 13, so they are a size smaller for all of you who order online. ill let ya know how the first ride in em goes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast