Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasport

Default Seasport

Hey the C-dory thread got me wondering if there is a web site dedicated to Seasport owners like the c-brat site?

I recently acquired a 24ft SS explorer and would like to get involved in a mutually interested community of owners......really i just want to compare boats.

thanks

There's no organized forum for Seasports unfortunately. The GlacierCraft owners got their act together. With a lot more SS out there it is kind of curious why there's no dedicated SS site. I have a 24 Explorer too and would be more than willing to share mods, maintenance information exchange, just send me a pm. Maybe if enough SS owners respond to your posting we could get a group together during this long winter of being stranded onshore.

If there's any Seasport owners out there that would like to repower to diesel pm me for a special offer. If you have an existing Volvo DP drive or Bravo drive we can mate to your current drive or replace the entire package with a Bravo setup.

I really like Seasport boats, unfortunately the only thing left of the company is their molds.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Ya it is truly unfortunate - the boats are sound, tried and true. I wonder what will happen with the value of SS boats - I do not think the used value of SS will drop - if anything they will rise

I think they will retain their value just like they always have. So far that hasn't worked out for my Saab. I seem to be attracted to companies that go belly up!

There's a Yahoo forum for Ospreys. You might look there.

Been on the Osprey yahoo forum - it's not very active. Osprey and SS - apples and oranges.

With Sea Sport no longer (for now). I'm guessing there value will drop. Not sure what the hull warranty was but thats void and null now. There may be a little support from Trident but its probably limited to just advise. If anybody is looking to go new I'd look seriously at the BAMF 30' Excursion coming this winter.

Seriously?

On a sea sport note, if the molds are all that is left, have they been purchased or are they just sitting in a warehouse somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    If there's any Seasport owners out there that would like to repower to diesel pm me for a special offer. If you have an existing Volvo DP drive or Bravo drive we can mate to your current drive or replace the entire package with a Bravo setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mwf1973 View Post
    With Sea Sport no longer (for now). I'm guessing there value will drop. Not sure what the hull warranty was but thats void and null now. There may be a little support from Trident but its probably limited to just advise. If anybody is looking to go new I'd look seriously at the BAMF 30' Excursion coming this winter.
    When I purchased my XL the hull warranty was five years. In the last 4 years I don't even think I met a owner of a brand new Sea Sport. Since most of the used boats on the water have surpassed the warranty period doubt it will have any effect on used values. Judging by the unsolicated offers made for my boat over the last couple of years can certaintly attest to how valuable they are. Very few, if any boats over 5 years old come with any type of warranty on the hull even if the builder did not go belly up

Still, in this economy one never knows.
    Tennessee

Default 24 Explorer

Except for the warranty, which mine is too old for, I see no reason for the value to drop.

Ever try to get ANY info from the factory? It was like pulling teeth from an arrow toothed flounder. You can do it, but you gotta get ahold of the bistard first.

I wonder how many SeaSports are on this forum.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Quote Originally Posted by easthillsfbx View Post
    Seriously?

On a sea sport note, if the molds are all that is left, have they been purchased or are they just sitting in a warehouse somewhere?
    The Molds are sitting outside behind the old sea sport factory. They are owned by the bank there was a auction in october nobody bid on them. It would take a established builder to be able to build and assmeble them. With the state off the economy no builder in his right mind would even try. I think eventually Trident will get them back and Sea Sport will be resurected.

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

If I hadn't gone with the boat I bought, the Sea Sport would have been my next choice. Good looking boats and from what I could tell very functional and seaworthy.

I too do not believe the value of a SS will decrease because they are not being built any longer. They are solid well respected boats and as with everything if you take care of your investment the value will be maintain with the current market.

Any 24ft SS owners out there with an outboard hanging off the back of their boat. I have a 4 stroke Yamaha 250 hanging off the back of mine and was wondering what others are getting for fuel efficiency. I am getting about 2-2.3 MPG per the Yamaha command link fuel management; this is cruising at 30 mph (5000-5300rpm) - this seems to be its comfort zone. When I drop the RPMs to 4800, I start coming off step and lose fuel efficient.

TRITON MARINE...

They now have C-Dory, Ospery, Tom Cat, Sea Sport, Orca Skagit. I know as soon as they went under I wanted mine more than ever, it's getting a new motor as we speak. I believe they will become like a Tolly Craft, still worthy after decades. My cousin has a 1968 Bertram, he fixed it up and is now worth four times what he paid for it on it's latest survey.

The SS forum, I found out awhile back takes money, just like the Glacier Craft forum that is happening here.

Myers,

SS is out of business - no longer being manufactured - Check out Triton web site

http://www.tritonmarineindustries.com/boat-lines

Quote Originally Posted by akroxy View Post
    I too do not believe the value of a SS will decrease because they are not being built any longer. They are solid well respected boats and as with everything if you take care of your investment the value will be maintain with the current market.

Any 24ft SS owners out there with an outboard hanging off the back of their boat. I have a 4 stroke Yamaha 250 hanging off the back of mine and was wondering what others are getting for fuel efficiency. I am getting about 2-2.3 MPG per the Yamaha command link fuel management; this is cruising at 30 mph (5000-5300rpm) - this seems to be its comfort zone. When I drop the RPMs to 4800, I start coming off step and lose fuel efficient.
    Our's is a 24 XL with the 496-375 hp inboard. It averages 2-2.2 mpg when cruising at 25-28 mph with 3 adults on board. Rpms are about 2,800 if memory serves me correctly. Rarely run any faster as I dislike watching the dial on the Floscan moving upwards!

You might want to play with your trim. Our's will run on step at about 15-17 mph. Again, quoting from memory.
    Tennessee

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

I purchased my 1995 XL new and I work it year round, I;m on my 6th engine, I commercial jig cod and rockfish, charter fish, and do deer transports out of it, not to mention gather wood from shore and haul frieght from Kodiak city to Old Harbor(70knmiles).

Most if not all the component are/were subed out to different sectors, like seaglaze and some others, I remember getting gelcoat from some place other than seasport and was directed to others for doors and windows too.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Question Triton

Yes I realize SS is toast, Triton has picked up the used ones on their website and I have no idea about Triton after that, other than the site having those brands tacked on their board. Who knows why or what Triton has to do with those brands now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast