Thread: Is $100 a good deal on 3SP SportHill pants??

Default Is $100 a good deal on 3SP SportHill pants??

You sheep hunters have bragged these pants up the tree and I came across a sale on several pairs, but not sure if I got the one’s you speak of. I got the “SportHill #SP Windshield” Style 2720. Did I get the correct pair? Also wondering how tight you where them? I wouldn’t want them to flap in the wind, but don’t want to be uncomfortably close either…what are your suggestions?

Thanks, Joshua

Thumbs up sporthill 3 sp mtn. pants

bucknrut;

that sounds like the wrong ones. the sporthill, 3sp mtn. pants are the popular ones. yes, $99 would be the right price for them. don't forget to check ebay for them.

i have a pair of the 3sp's and have used them on many sheep and goat hunts.

due to changes in technology, you need to keep up on new things.

check out the mammut, champ pants. that is what i will be wearing in chugach state park for sheep this year.

Default Thanks

Thanks cold Zero. I didn't think I had the right ones. I just compared (online) the the two you mentioned in your post and first impressions are that the Mammut are a step up from the SportHill.

Thanks for the info.
    Buck

Thumbs up 3 sp vs. mammut champ pants

bucknrut;

i bought my 3 sp's in 1998. i have had them a long time and they are good pants. you can't go wrong with them.

however, new and better products do come along. i am betting that the champ pants are a leap forward in technology. any piece of gear that helps me to be warmer, dryer or move faster and be more comfortable, increases my enjoyment of my time in the field and my chances for success.

good hunting.