Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: Let's See your Airboat!

  1. #1

    Default Let's See your Airboat!



    This one is 20x8 AirRanger that I sent to Russia!
    L92 Fuel Injected Engine
    Belt Reduction Unit
    4 Blade Whisper Tip Whirl Wind Prop
    Signature Shadowgrass Camo
    Shock Mitigating Seats
    Walk-thru Windshield
    Folding Bench Seat
    20,000 BTU Heater Inside
    LED interior lights
    HID lightting
    Remote Control Go-Light
    Gun Boxes
    Lots of Extras
    *Special Ice Bracing In Hull
    3/8 Poly on Bottom and up Sides
    Special T-bars designed for Ice
    All Stainless 1" Metal Work

  2. #2

    Default



    I have 3 of these shipping out tomorrow to Fairbaks. They are going to Alyeska.
    18x8 Rhino Edition AirRangers
    L92 Fuel Injected Light Weight High Performance Engine 550 H.P.
    Belt Reduction Unit
    3 Blade Whisper Tip Prop
    Special Structural interior designs for the Alaska environment.

  3. #3
    Member ratlmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the Valley
    Posts
    41

    Default It gets me from point A to point B......


  4. #4

    Default

    Here is one we sent to Alaska with Dual Driving stations.


  5. #5

    Default

    This is another one of my favorites.


  6. #6
    Moderator bkmail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK.
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Our ride

    She's not pretty, but she gets the family to and from the cabin.
    BK

    P1000880.jpg

  7. #7

    Default

    Nice work there Cpt. I would like to see you put a shop in up here, but the labor costs would probably be prohibitive. What is the going rate down your way, for hired help? Do you have problems, like up here, getting people to work?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks Akres,
    We are in love with Alaska and would love to expand but it's just a fun idea right now! Labor rates are a little less in Texas and I am sure employment issues are everywhere, no matter where you go. However, I can say I do have a fantastic crew of guys working for us and several for more than 5 years, a few over 10 years , and even a couple 20+ vets. We have the best crew we have ever had, they are devoted and truely care about the product. We keep them happy with benefits, airboating events, cookouts, and bikini model shoots. :-)
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

  9. #9
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Cool to see the airboat forum, If you guys did not know there are 2 airboat magazines out there both are great and are always looking for Alaska stuff, I had some stuff published by them.
    http://www.airboatingmagazine.com/
    http://www.marshridermagazine.com/

    Well here is my boat built by a Friend in Willow 8.1 Levitator,3 blade Stump puller ,Diamond plate deck, And the fish well up front great for storage,Storage everywhere,3/8 poly, All welded no rivots !!2- 25 gallon fuel tanks,6 seats downstairs 2 up top,6 place peltor headsets for talking and much more. Boat might be up for sale this spring getting out of the airboat business





    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Cool to see the airboat forum, If you guys did not know there are 2 airboat magazines out there both are great and are always looking for Alaska stuff, I had some stuff published by them.
    http://www.airboatingmagazine.com/
    http://www.marshridermagazine.com/

    Well here is my boat built by a Friend in Willow 8.1 Levitator,3 blade Stump puller ,Diamond plate deck, And the fish well up front great for storage,Storage everywhere,3/8 poly, All welded no rivots !!2- 25 gallon fuel tanks,6 seats downstairs 2 up top,6 place peltor headsets for talking and much more. Boat might be up for sale this spring getting out of the airboat business





    I thought this boat was on the market before....Did you have two of them?
    Good looking boat.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  11. #11
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    I had it up for sale this Oct. before I winterized it,Once the river opens I will put it up again. I have a bunch of tours booked for 2011,But I'm selling it to get an ocean boat
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  12. #12
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airboatcapt2 View Post
    Here is one we sent to Alaska with Dual Driving stations.

    Did this guy ever sell that boat ? I know he had it for sale for a long time up here.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  13. #13

    Default

    I really don't know. I could find his info and call him. I imagine he would have sold it by now. I think he had some health problems. I dont think he added the canopy as he had planned either.
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

  14. #14

    Default

    Anybody doing some ice fishing?

    This guy found a quick way to open the ice up to get easy access to the fish!

    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

  15. #15
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    I'm guessing that sign beside the boat says..."WARNING THIN ICE ".... LOL!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  16. #16
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Attachment 42944Attachment 42943

    Faron, could you post prices of the boats you are showing as new and aprox what shipping cost usually runs from the factory to Alaska.

    This is my old boat, 15' Panther, with sbc 383, ch2 belt reducer, stump puller prop. Custom deformed bottom included. Bud

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Speaking from experience Shipping airboats to Ak. is outragous. I drove mine back for less than 1/2 the cost.
    aktransue@gci.net

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtransue View Post
    Speaking from experience Shipping airboats to Ak. is outragous. I drove mine back for less than 1/2 the cost.
    aktransue@gci.net
    That's a long drive back how did the poly hold up. :-) Just kidding

    We have shipped them for as much as 10K. We have been finding creative ways to get them there much cheaper.
    We are coming up in April and hope to be delivering a 2nd boat so the shipping cost will be much less for everyone. We are also going to bring up some parts to save freight for some customers. I think if we keep them coming up in pair we can reduce the freight cost to about 1/3 of normal shipping costs.
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

  19. #19
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    sweet looking boat

  20. #20
    New member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
    Posts
    1

    Default

    BUMP, sorry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •