Thread: Mt. Biking Beginner

Default Mt. Biking Beginner

In the past I have bought cheap walmart mountain bikes but am looking into getting a nice one. How much am I looking at spending for a reasonable bike to do some trail riding with. Also anysuggestions for a particular bike? I would like one with at least front suspention and disc brakes, other than that I'm not that picky, I'm 5'10" 160lbs. if that helps. Thanks for any pointers,
    BEN

sheephunter - I posted this in another thread recently, but it might be a good choice for you too. Not to expensive, not too fancy, but a nice bike. You could spend way more, but it's not entirely necessary. If you look towards a higher end bike, though, the Marin line of bikes that they carry at Sunshine Sports are awesome.

-Brian

Take a look at this bike. It's still pretty basic, but has a nice front shock, disc breaks, and higher end components than you would find at a box store. The price is $450, but REI often has sales.

K2 Zed 2.0 Bike

I also might add that if you really know what you're looking for and want a high end bike, eBay can be a good option. I got a $3,000 bike off of there for less than half price, and it seriously looked brand new. I've heard of bad experiences too, though...

Default k2 and ebay

Thanks Brian, I'll look into those

Default mtbr

Go to mtbr website. Tons of info there on all aspects of mountain biking.