Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Phantom Dealer, Forum Sponsor = Great Savings

Post New Phantom Dealer, Forum Sponsor = Great Savings

As sponsors of the forum, Alaska Frontier Fabrication is authorized to promote our new partnership with Phantom and North River Boats and market here on the forum.

As a special offer to forum members, Phantom Sportjons are available for a limited time starting at, $33,500.00 delivered here to Alaska. Visit http://www.phantomjetboat.com/ for more details on what's new for 2011. For starters, all models are available up to a standard 3/16" bottom thickness, in 72" or 76" wide bottom width. Numerous engine and jet options are also available with gas, diesel, American Turbine, Hamilton, or Scott Jets on a tunnel or without. If you're even considering the purchase of a new boat now is the time.

All North River/Almar boats are also available with FNM 250hp diesel engines from 20' to 32'. Commanders and Seahawk models come fully loaded and will start ~$65,000.

When only the best will do, contact the forum sponsor.
    Sale ends February 28, 2011.

The wife may or may not be happy to hear about this <grin>. Thanks for the information!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

what motor, trailer, and options does a guy get for $33,500?
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    Good question!

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Good question!
    another question that always pops up is service after the sale...I've been told that Alaska Fabrications is a welding shop that is also serving as a store front for the new Phantom dealer in town....

? Who at the dealer will set up/prep the boats/motors prior to delivery...
    ? how will warranty issues be handled, specifically with the Sport Jet motor option.....
    ? is there a service department...
    ? Are there any technicians that have any certifications with Mercury Sport Jets? If not, what is the experience level of servicing the Mercury Sport Jets...
    ? Do you plan to carry an inventory of related parts/replacement parts in stock...
    pull my finger....

Sportjet Motor, single axle gateway trailer. If you want the tandem, add $1250.00 Base price is listed for the Sportjon Sniper model.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Sportjet Motor, single axle gateway trailer. If you want the tandem, add $1250.00 Base price is listed for the Sportjon Sniper model.
    How much for the Phantom SportJon model with walk through windshield (full console), canvas, single axel trailer, and standard options....what options come standard with the Sport Jon?
    pull my finger....

How much for the Phantom SportJon model with walk through windshield (full console), canvas, single axel trailer, and standard options....what options come standard with the Sport Jon?
    Phantom Sportjon, walkthrough with single axel trailer shipped to Anchorage. $35,000.
    Features and options attached. All boats can be customized to meet the needs of the buyer so if there's something not listed just let me know and we'll try to accommodate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Phantom Sportjon, walkthrough with single axel trailer shipped to Anchorage. $35,000.
    Features and options attached. All boats can be customized to meet the needs of the buyer so if there's something not listed just let me know and we'll try to accommodate.
    nice...thanks...

? how much to upgrade the 25 gallon fuel tank..
    ? how much to add the canvas topper...
    ? I notice it doesn't come with wipers, how much to add that option...
    ? does the boat come painted at that price...
    ? You mentioned that there's another diesel Phantom being built right now along with a North River cross over boat being built too...do you plan to stock any other boats in the near future? Do you plan on stocking any Phantom's with Sport Jets? Or will it be just a matter of ordering one up if a customer wants one...

? what about the service and inventory questions from earlier...
    pull my finger....

I just answered a couple of my own questions by looking at page 2 of the brochure

Standard Package $35,000
    upgrade to the 40 gallon tank = $1525
    upgrade to add wipers (2) = $850
    upgrade to add canvas = $2400
    ** no paint in std package

So standard sportjon with these popular add ons' should come up to just a tick under $40,000 FOB Wasilla?....sound about right?

I also noticed that the 250hp diesel option is listed at $20,500...is that an extra $20,500 or do you get a credit or trade in value for swapping out the Sport Jet?....or is the same boat with the 250 $60,000?....

the brochure lists the base price at $32,750 + $3850 for the single axle trailer....that's $36,600......are you discounting the price $1600 to get to the $35,000 price you mentioned?..

thanks for posting that brochure....
    pull my finger....

I just answered a couple of my own questions by looking at page 2 of the brochure

Standard Package $35,000
    upgrade to the 40 gallon tank = $1525
    upgrade to add wipers (2) = $850
    upgrade to add canvas = $2400
    ** no paint in std package

So standard sportjon with these popular add ons' should come up to just a tick under $40,000 FOB Wasilla?....sound about right?
    With the above options, $39,000. I'd Highly recommend the full scropion bed liner so add $1500.00. I'm feeling generous around Christmas time. I would also recommend having the canvas top built locally. It will save a couple bucks, put money in the local economy, and provide a local shop that can handle warranty repairs.

I also noticed that the 250hp diesel option is listed at $20,500...is that an extra $20,500 or do you get a credit or trade in value for swapping out the Sport Jet?....or is the same boat with the 250 $60,000?....
    Diesel packages are a slightly different animal, come standard with 50 gallon bow tank, sand trap, wash down system. I'd recommend the heater be added. So with the heater, bedliner and options above delivered to AK. $57,200.

the brochure lists the base price at $32,750 + $3850 for the single axle trailer....that's $36,600......are you discounting the price $1600 to get to the $35,000 price you mentioned?..
    I'm discounting allot more then $1600. Don't forget shipping is included.

Sorry I didn't see your earlier questions regarding service and warranty. Garret handles all warranty and service on SPJ engines and has done so for a number of years. I won't speak for him but feel free to call him. I'm the factory certified rep/tech on the FNM diesel and will soon be training Garret as well. Other than custom welding Garret repairs and rebuilds all manufacturers jets, impellers and props. He also installs the stainless wear ring for the SPJ. In addition to engine service, he also performs any warranty hull repairs if needed. We will be moving to a new location this spring behind Six Robblee's in Wasilla. Should make for a one stop shop for any trailer accessories as well.

We will definitely be stocking both the spj models and diesels models in the near future but our focus has been on diesel models. By spring we'll have two phantom 60/40s in stock and one North Rive Seahawk IB. This summer there will be a new 30' Almar Sounder on display and available for demo in Valdez. Should be an exciting year. At this time all SPJ models will be built to order.

Thumbs up Very Nice

HG, great to see another option for alot of the boating needs, thanks for posting all the info.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Garret handles all warranty and service on SPJ engines and has done so for a number of years.
    ? Has Garret really been servicing the Sport Jet motors for years?

? Has he really been processing warranty/recall issues with the Sport Jet motors for years?

? Iíve heard that the initial setup procedure is critical on new SJís, how does the new dealership handle setting up the new SJ powered Phantoms?

? Are there any technicians that have any certifications with Mercury Sport Jets motors?

? Do you plan to carry an inventory of related parts/replacement parts in stock...if so, what items do you plan to carry in stock?

? Do you plan to carry any other goodies that the outdoor community might get excited about? Winter stuff?....

thanks for the info...
    pull my finger....

? Iíve heard that the initial setup procedure is critical on new SJís, how does the new dealership handle setting up the new SJ powered Phantoms?
    All Phantoms are sea trailed and setup at the factory. Each engine must be broken in by the factory with a minimum number of hours put on the engine before it is shipped. The boat will arrive in Alaska, "unused", ready for the customer with required break-in procedure time on the engines per Mercury's specification. Customers can be assured that the boat will arrive in Alaska, shrink wrapped with no other testing on the product as occurred in the past here without expressed permission from Phantom.

? Are there any technicians that have any certifications with Mercury Sport Jets motors?
    TJM, please call Garret to discuss specific questions he will be more then happy to give you a bio.

? Do you plan to carry an inventory of related parts/replacement parts in stock...if so, what items do you plan to carry in stock?
    Garrett currently stocks most all needed jet components and rebuilds many of the impellers in the state. Engine components at this time are limited but we'll definitely be stocking more.

? Do you plan to carry any other goodies that the outdoor community might get excited about? Winter stuff?....
    No plans to carry winter toys....there's plenty to do repairing props, impellers, boats, or making those custom fabrications on the outdoor community toys. If things go well we'll be accepting applications soon. I believe this trusted partnership between Phantom, North River, FNM Alaska, and Alaska Frontier Fabrication will bring greater consumer choice and competitive pricing to Alaska and greatly benefit the citizens of the Matsu Valley. I hope many will join in supporting this new local business here in the Valley. Our intent is to provide the best product and service possible.

Default anxious buyer

HG, it sure sounds like tjm is gonna buy one right away; what an eager customer!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    HG, it sure sounds like tjm is gonna buy one right away; what an eager customer!
    FM, I for one am glad he is coming up with these questions. They are very good information to have if a person is going to drop $40-50k on a boat. Some people don't know to ask or are too timid to ask some of these questions up front. Hopefully the shop will live up to the expectations put out there and will be a successful business for the Valley.

HG, thanks for taking the time to answer these questions as well.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thumbs up gr8 product info, yes

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    HG, thanks for taking the time to answer these questions as well.
    I agree that HG has been very answerful on the topic of his products.

I wish I had a spare 40-50k to drop on a nice new boat. I see'm scream by my canoe pretty often. But then I remember the ongoing investment of a larger craft involves (though I've never had one THAT big) and I get real happy with my big canoe.

Default The right questions

Yes, TJM is asking the right questions. He's doing it for those that can't or won't because they don't know what to ask. This is important stuff when anyone is getting ready to lay out this much coin. Goes without saying I guess but a blind faith purchase of this type is a big gamble, especially from a new dealer yet to get established in the community, regardless of whatever they did in the past. These things must be clarified before the sale. Not trying to slam you HG, just hoping for good results from you and Garrett. I talked to Marita a couple of times in the past after they got their dealership, and not to slam them either, but in this case I am going to poke at a couple of their hired folks. They were perhaps so diversified in how many products they sell that their product knowledge of the Phantom was absolutely a disgrace to the business. Could have been I got hold of a couple of new guys, don't know. Know that this is coming from a guy that, aside from welding the hull and attaching parts together (I would have done that too if I could have gotten the boat in kit form), Phantom had nothing to do with the finished product I own. Don't think I'm making light of their part in the production of my boat, I'm not. This means I know this boat well, better than Maritas sales people. All that said HG, you'd better get very conversant with the SJ powered version of this boat quick because that's what's popular and what most everyone can afford. I dare say your diesel sales will be small, simply by the nature of the expense. The expense to use ratio is such that very few will go that route. It's just that very few guys put lots of hours on their boats as would be necessary to realize the longevity savings of the diesel. I've been wrong many times and this may be one more, but there's so many SJets out there I'd suggest you put a bunch of hours on one and get good with it. Now that's a task I'd love someone to hand me! Please don't make me do it please!! With that, I just hope you stock all that the boater needs to support this product because trying to get it from Phantom is like pulling teeth from the distance they are away etc. They rely on their dealers to make them look good.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAK View Post
    Yes, TJM is asking the right questions. He's doing it for those that can't or won't because they don't know what to ask. This is important stuff when anyone is getting ready to lay out this much coin. Goes without saying I guess but a blind faith purchase of this type is a big gamble, especially from a new dealer yet to get established in the community, regardless of whatever they did in the past. These things must be clarified before the sale. Not trying to slam you HG, just hoping for good results from you and Garrett. I talked to Marita a couple of times in the past after they got their dealership, and not to slam them either, but in this case I am going to poke at a couple of their hired folks. They were perhaps so diversified in how many products they sell that their product knowledge of the Phantom was absolutely a disgrace to the business. Could have been I got hold of a couple of new guys, don't know. Know that this is coming from a guy that, aside from welding the hull and attaching parts together (I would have done that too if I could have gotten the boat in kit form), Phantom had nothing to do with the finished product I own. Don't think I'm making light of their part in the production of my boat, I'm not. This means I know this boat well, better than Maritas sales people. All that said HG, you'd better get very conversant with the SJ powered version of this boat quick because that's what's popular and what most everyone can afford. I dare say your diesel sales will be small, simply by the nature of the expense. The expense to use ratio is such that very few will go that route. It's just that very few guys put lots of hours on their boats as would be necessary to realize the longevity savings of the diesel. I've been wrong many times and this may be one more, but there's so many SJets out there I'd suggest you put a bunch of hours on one and get good with it. Now that's a task I'd love someone to hand me! Please don't make me do it please!! With that, I just hope you stock all that the boater needs to support this product because trying to get it from Phantom is like pulling teeth from the distance they are away etc. They rely on their dealers to make them look good.
    OZ, thanks for the input. Garret has way more experience on the SPJ then I, hence my reluctance to speak for him or on SPJ issues. When it comes to our diesel application, that's my current knowledge area and has been my area of focus. It won't take long for either of us to share experience and be knowledgeable with both. I'm confident, our new dealership will meet expectations and Phantom is as excited as we are in our future partnership. We'll be at the Fairbanks Sportsmen show so hopefully we have a chance to meet then if not sooner.

TJm asked good questions. If you guys have great costomer serivce it give us guys some were else beside martia to take are sport jons. I think there service there sucks. ya i know todd you were mad at me last time i said something but it how i feel.
    So how long has garret been working sj and what kind of dianostic equipment do you have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast