Thread: Need # for Cooper Landing Raft Rentals

Default Need # for Cooper Landing Raft Rentals

Come this June I want to float the Kenai from Cooper Landing to Skilak Lake. Any body ever keep the raft peoples phone numbers, email or web site info there.
    Can't wait to float it my self, what a fun trip!

Default Raft rental to float the Kenai

Quote Originally Posted by alaskapiranha View Post
    Come this June I want to float the Kenai from Cooper Landing to Skilak Lake. Any body ever keep the raft peoples phone numbers, email or web site info there.
    Can't wait to float it my self, what a fun trip!
    You might call Max Finch at Alaska Canoe & Campground http://www.alaskacanoetrips.com/
    Max has several Rafts for rent from 13' to 16', he rents them with oars and frames, he'll also provide shuttle service.

I hope this helps

Good Boating

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    Commercial quality at Wholesale prices
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks, Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats, Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907) 248-2900

Thumbs up great trip

If you put in at kenai lake outlet, and down to skilak, you will have a full day. I enjoy camping along the shore line of Skilak to the right after you come out of the river.
    The paddle accross skilak is about 5 miles, and although I have done it a few times, I enjoy a small outboard motor to push me along.
    The lake is generally more quiet from wind in the Mornings, ( before 11 am)
    so crossing the lake before noon is recomended.
    Let me know if I can help.
    I did this trip in August of 2006 and had a great time.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Thanks

Thanks you I will contact them, and for those who don't know the Alaskan Series boats are by far the best inflatable boats made. I plan on owning another one as soon as I can.
    The trip down the Kenai could not be any better, there is a Public Use Forest Service (I think FS) rental cabin to the left on entering Skilak Lake also. I can't wait to do it again after 15 years. I do have a small kicker that will make the trip to the campground easy enough.
    For people who have never or plan on being on Skilak, it can be a very dangerious lake, don't take a chance if the weathers bad.

Thanks again