Thread: GoLite.com Sale

Default GoLite.com Sale

Just thought some might be interested. Everything currently on the GoLite website is 40% of. Just use the code DSW10 in the coupon code area to receive the discount.

My current setup is the GoLite SL5 and is by far the best utility tent for the weight I have used to date. 90 sq ft of space for only 29 oz plus 10 oz in 20 stakes to secure it down for a hurricane if you desire. Thats if you use a set of BD trekking poles as your center pole. Not bad for a tent that you can stand up in and have 90 sq ft of weather protection for only $210 that is normally $350.

Just thought some might be interested in that among other items there on the cheap. Plus if you order before the end of the year you get free shipping.

Um, yeah a tent that YOU can stand up in maybe. The wife should be getting her Christmas present in the mail today so I may have a window to order one of these up for myself here shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Um, yeah a tent that YOU can stand up in maybe. The wife should be getting her Christmas present in the mail today so I may have a window to order one of these up for myself here shortly!
    HAHA...yeah well, it pays to be average height every once in a while.

Do you use the canopy/tent shelter without the flooring screen (the nest)? That is what it looks like you get on the website for $210 is the canopy/tent shelter. If that is all you use do you have any problem with bugs?

I have heard of other people using just the canopy/tent and then putting a ground cloth down under their sleeping bag. They claim they do not have a problem with bugs but others that have gone with them say not so.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Do you use the canopy/tent shelter without the flooring screen (the nest)? That is what it looks like you get on the website for $210 is the canopy/tent shelter. If that is all you use do you have any problem with bugs?

I have heard of other people using just the canopy/tent and then putting a ground cloth down under their sleeping bag. They claim they do not have a problem with bugs but others that have gone with them say not so.
    JWS,

I don't have a ground cloth for it. I either use it with a 6 oz bivy sack inside and no floor whatsoever that keep my bag and pad dry like I did on my sheep hunt. Or if its the middle of summer and my wife is coming along I take that Pyra Bug tent 2 from Bearpaw tents that is plenty big for two people to share for $109 and 13 oz. So you have 60 sq ft of space for cooking, gear, and hanging out inside when the weather is nasty while still having an additional 30 sq ft of bug proof screened off area with a floor completely sealed off. All for only 3.25 pounds.

Here it is without the bug net inside. LOTS of space:

Here is a couple pics of the tent with the inner bug nest showing the space:

Thanks for the response and the pictures. The pictures are great and the setup looks awesome. How did you get the trekking poles to extend that high? That setup sure beats a small two person tent.
    Thanks
    Jeff

just another Idea for the tent use... I use mine as a gear and cook tent. We affectionatly call it the wigwam. The no floor is nice cause it is a high traffic place.

Hey thanks - I appreciate the heads up on the sale! I've been considering getting a Shangri-La 3 for some time now... with that deal I couldn't wait any longer.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Is the tent only best suited for summer/August hunts? Just curious as it looks to be only a single wall tent. Can it handle any rain? My guess is its best suited for early season sheep or caribou...

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Is the tent only best suited for summer/August hunts? Just curious as it looks to be only a single wall tent. Can it handle any rain? My guess is its best suited for early season sheep or caribou...

Tim
    He took it to Kodiak for an Oct goat hunt. That tells me he trusts it in pretty much any weather condition.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=medevac

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    He took it to Kodiak for an Oct goat hunt. That tells me he trusts it in pretty much any weather condition.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=medevac
    Used it on a September sheep hunt as well. And all summer. All up about 30-40 days in it in the last 7 months.