136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 76.47%
  • No

32 23.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palin Family's Hunting Techiques

Question Palin Family's Hunting Techiques

Do you Approve of the Palin Family's Hunting Techniques?

Yes

No
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Yes?

Couldnt vote......so "Yes" ~~LOL!!~~

If your partners rifle is off, hand 'em yers....its a friendly thing to do, aint it?
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Come on back Stranger, its working now. I fat fingered the trigger when I pulled it...need a little help here!!
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I gave it a yes cuz I don't give a crap what anyone else says.......JMO...........LOL
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Without knowing what the "Palin family hunting technique" is... I have a real hard time picking one.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Without knowing what the "Palin family hunting technique" is... I have a real hard time picking one.
    Same as all Alaskans I'm thinking. Meat on the table. She didn't shoot a trophy, she shot meat. JMO
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Are we considered haters if we vote no?

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Are we considered haters if we vote no?
    No...just Wrong is all. But I repeat myself...again.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Is the question about hunting technique or shooting technique? The hunting looked fine...went and found one, killed it, and recovered the meat from the field. No issues there I think.

Shooting, primarily gun handling IMHO, skills left a bit to be desired but I didn't find them all that different than a lot of AK hunters I come across in the field. This could have been in that Unit 13 Tier II turkey shoot a few weeks ago by any number of less famous hunters I saw. I saw a family hunting together in AK (good, even if kinda contrived for TV)...and performing some mediocre shooting chores under stress (bad, but also not unusual for folks who aren't experienced shooters)

Some good stuff was shooting from a rest, staying calm when it ain't working right, finally connecting with a different rifle.

Some bad stuff- shooting a bunch when it obviously ain't working right, sloppy gun handling w/ regards to safety, an obvious lack of range time, and shooting at the skyline (even in BFE).

Some indifferent- Dad loading the rifle, conversations about recoil, using the guides rifle.

Its such a mixed bag how could it be yes and no? Like most of our hunts its some good and some bad. I ain't gonna turn her into a villian giving all hunting a bad rap and I'm sure not gonna vote for her as "Huntress of The Year" either. A Cazadora she is not...

who are to say one familys techniques are better than yours. You teach to be safe and follow the laws.

As far as their hunting technique - I vote no. They spent way too much time walking around (and talking aloud). Both caribou shot on the episode were shot when the caribou basically walked up to the group. Their own walking for miles didn't seem to get them very far. But I guess that's just my own take on how I would hunt - they killed caribou so obviously they were doing enough right.

As far as the rest - staying cool and dealing with the off-sighted rifle, putting meat in the freezer, and being proud to be hunters - I'm down with that.

Gun handling just showed an obvious lack of experience. "does it kick?" right before you line up on a caribou. "yes dear. it's a rifle. it kicks."
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

First rifle was obviously off.... assuming she really took the animal down with the first shot using the second rifle and that wasn't some kind of reality tv trickery then I'm ok with that. A couple years ago I was hunting with a friend and we both sighted in our rifles together and had lots of range time. On the hunt his first three shots were nowhere near the animal. I loaned him my rifle and he made a one shot kill. It happens.

What bothered me more was her concern over the recoil and dependence on Dad to get the rifle ready for her and to tell her when to shoot. He even racked the bolt for her, over and over and over :-). I might expect that from some lawyer from New Jersey on a paid bear hunt but not from someone who has made A LOT of references to how rugged she is over the past few years. Also would have liked to see her have some real hunting boots on day one.

Ethical - yes. Put meat in the freezer - yes. No different than what many hunters might experience in the field - yes. Bad TV and a little disappointing - yes.

No choice for "Who the hell cares?"

More real than most hunting shows where they still wisper even after takeing the game
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I vote this thread will get shut down before the other one!

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Do you Approve of the Palin Family's Hunting Techniques?

Yes

No
    You need a 3rd catagory

"Who cares"

I think everyone is failing to recognize that ITS A FREEAKIN TV SHOW.
    What was shown was not necessairly what happened, or at least events didn't occur in the way shown.
    Gary

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Come on back Stranger, its working now. I fat fingered the trigger when I pulled it...need a little help here!!
    not the first time you been accused of your scope being off............................................... .............
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Well if you mean "shooting a cow moose on your wifes permit", chasing wolves on snogos and shooting off them, and the various other "methods" I have heard about from reliable sources. I would vote NO!

If you mean taking someone who has never shot the weapon, finding them a target and letting them miss 5 times, I say NO!

If you mean giving someone your rifle when theirs is knocked off...I say YEA!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    Well if you mean "shooting a cow moose on your wifes permit", !
    sure your not confusing involvment in those activites with being involved with firing the person that was?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

He said Palin family, I consider her sis and ex husband to be family. The apple usually dont fall far from the tree, ya know?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast