Thread: Info on 20B Bou Hunt

Question Info on 20B Bou Hunt

Hey All,

I was thinking of going for a permit for the winter hunt for one bou in 20B. The question I have is weather or not that is a bow and arrow only area. Also if anyone can give me some info on timing, specific places to avoid (like private property, no hunt areas etc). Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by germe1967 View Post
    Hey All,

I was thinking of going for a permit for the winter hunt for one bou in 20B. The question I have is weather or not that is a bow and arrow only area. Also if anyone can give me some info on timing, specific places to avoid (like private property, no hunt areas etc). Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
    read the thread 40 mile hunt delayed.. thats the same hunt.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Hey All,

Thanks
    Well if you don't know wither or not its an archery hunt then maybe you should stay at home and keep reading the regulations in print and on the Fish and Game website. Sorry if that sounds harsh but someone needs a wakeup call.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Well if you don't know wither or not its an archery hunt then maybe you should stay at home and keep reading the regulations in print and on the Fish and Game website. Sorry if that sounds harsh but someone needs a wakeup call.
    Well gee thanks bronco! I haven't hunted north of Talkeetna since '83 so I rarely bothered looking at those regs. And I did see some areas close to the steese in the Fairbanks area were bow and area. I also read that such things are subject to change for public safety. That, plus all the homes I saw north of Fairbanks on a motorcycle ride last summer lead me to ask that question. But, thank you ever so much that condescension and sanctimony. I'm sure you never asked a question that you found the answer to yourself five minutes later yourself. And I sure hope you feel good about how perfect you are now. Just a tip though, this forum is for sharing knowledge, tips and forums. If you need to shoot your mouth off and be a jerk, go to the bar. Only problem is, with your attitude, that's probly not a good idea! Sorry if THAT sounds harsh, but when you talk trash, expect it!!!!

Well gee thanks bronco! I haven't hunted north of Talkeetna since '83 so I rarely bothered looking at those regs. And I did see some areas close to the steese in the Fairbanks area were bow and area. I also read that such things are subject to change for public safety. That, plus all the homes I saw north of Fairbanks on a motorcycle ride last summer lead me to ask that question. But, thank you ever so much that condescension and sanctimony. I'm sure you never asked a question that you found the answer to yourself five minutes later yourself. And I sure hope you feel good about how perfect you are now. Just a tip though, this forum is for sharing knowledge, tips and forums. If you need to shoot your mouth off and be a jerk, go to the bar. Only problem is, with your attitude, that's probly not a good idea! Sorry if THAT sounds harsh, but when you talk trash, expect it!!!!
    Wow you two knock it off before I get the water hose out a spray you two... I guess what Bronco was trying to say was well read the regs LOL... There is a caribou hunt in the area you are talking about and that is the 40 mile hunt they try to hold a hunt twice a year in the fall and winter. There are no restrictions on weapons becuase this herd is usually not around fairbanks so it is a free for all when it does open you can use a blowgun all the way up to a small mtn howitzer if you would like. Now when it does open and you want to use your bow feel free you will more than likely get left out on the shooting part once they get shot at I imagine they will be pretty skittish and probably won't get into bow range.

Disclaimer: Use of a Mtn Howitzer for hunting is probably illegal, so if you are out cleaning your howitzer off preparing for this hunt throw the tarp back on I was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Wow you two knock it off before I get the water hose out a spray you two... I guess what Bronco was trying to say was well read the regs LOL... There is a caribou hunt in the area you are talking about and that is the 40 mile hunt they try to hold a hunt twice a year in the fall and winter. There are no restrictions on weapons becuase this herd is usually not around fairbanks so it is a free for all when it does open you can use a blowgun all the way up to a small mtn howitzer if you would like. Now when it does open and you want to use your bow feel free you will more than likely get left out on the shooting part once they get shot at I imagine they will be pretty skittish and probably won't get into bow range.

Disclaimer: Use of a Mtn Howitzer for hunting is probably illegal, so if you are out cleaning your howitzer off preparing for this hunt throw the tarp back on I was kidding.
    Wish I would have read the disclaimer earlier...I was cleaning my howitzer and BANG; darn thing went off!