Thread: 12miles of dead fish

Default 12miles of dead fish

Anybody know if I can get these locally? Also has anybody used these with success? I had read a little about them on here last year I would like to try this instead of doing burns for the money I spent on molasses and such last year I probablly could have shelled out for a scent ball.

Haven't seen them for sale around the state but Cabela's sells a pack of six for $12. I decided to not try them after friends gave them a poor review.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Check with 907 she has some good stuff, I think she does custom scents.
    Chuck

You can also research making incense http://www.scents-of-earth.com/makyourownna.html You have plenty of time to make up your own scents. Always use oils they don't evaporate like extracts made from alcohol.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

I had great success with anise extract mixed with water. I walked the perimeter of my station and along the bear game trails in my area and led the scent back to my barrel.
    I do like baitem's idea of using the oil to hold the scent better rather than alcohal or water in my case. Good call. I found myself almost scenting in bears more than "baiting" them this last spring. Stid's candle recipe really does the trick too.
    5 months to go...

I tried the candles and must not have added scents at the right time because they separated and didn't smell very strong when burning. I had bears coming in last year but I wanted something cheaper that would last longer and or have greater effect. I usually hang a stink buckett with fermented rabbit parts but I didn't hang it very high and it got ripped Down and eaten early on. One thing I was thinking was mixing vanilla extract and oil and spraying it around. I did this with just vAnilla but I think it just evaporated. I did lots of molasses burns and some coolaid but it's gone so fast I think I made too much noise refilling and climbing out of my stand then they were worth.