Thread: Interesting chat with a PETA organizer/Farm raised beaver?

Default Interesting chat with a PETA organizer/Farm raised beaver?

So as I'm walking through walmart(I know) yesterday i see a lady with beaver mukluks on. As I approach her to have a look and comment on her boots she starts to talk and you can hear a southern twang in her voice. As it turned out she was a former organizer for PETA in the southern states. When I asked her how she could be an organizer and have beaver mukluks on she responded by saying "Its so cold up here I need to stay warm and I like to support the local economy" (The local economy as she is in walmart mind you) So as we chat a little more its brought up that I am a trapper. Well she turned her nose at first so I asked her what she thought was wrong with trapping. As it turned out she had no clue what a conibear was or how they worked or that they kill an animal almost immediantly. She thought all trappers used leg holds and that the animals sat there till there demise. I tried to set her as straight as I could but how can one help a PETA member wearing beaver mukluks...By the way she was under the impression the beaver used in her mukluks were get this "Farm raised" They were bought in ancourage. Anyway just thought Id share.

I'd had a hard time keeping a straight face on that one. A PETA organizer wearing farm raised beaver She's not only a hypocrite but as Jerry Clower used to say "she is educated beyond her intelligence"
    Chuck

I wish I had a beaver farm.
    Stupid people bug me.

HAHAHAHA! Thats sum funny stuff dube! thanks for the laugh

Release Lake Trout

Red face

Like they say. "You can't fix STOOPID!!" Besides, I have never heard of a "Beaver?? heheh Farm" Only in the south could they ever approach such a redneck??, hell I fit that, idea--hope the hell they are all at least 18!! my bad sorry but just couldn't resist such an opening..
    Last edited by Trapper_Rich; 12-07-2010 at 16:48. Reason: had to add more
    I give thanks to the vetrans, as they have aided in my priviledge to hunt and fish the great State of AK. and alow me to sleep safely at night.

LMFAO after the depressing year I'm having I needed a GREAT laugh!
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

Wouldn't the Mustang Ranch qualify as a "beaver farm"?
    Gary

If anyone needs any help on this beaver farm, I can tend the beavers.

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    If anyone needs any help on this beaver farm, I can tend the beavers.
    Sorry Tailwind "Must have experiance"

Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    [...] as Jerry Clower used to say "she is educated beyond her intelligence"
    LMAO - now that's funny!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    When I asked her how she could be an organizer and have beaver mukluks on she responded by saying "Its so cold up here I need to stay warm and I like to support the local economy".
    I've lived in Alaska since the mid '70s and I've never needed fur mukluks to keep my feet warm. Boot packs and bunny boots were(and are) good enough for me and my family. Now wanting fur(seal skin) mukluks is a different story.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

I don't know bud, I've lived in AK since 2004, and shaved beaver sounds a whole lot better than bunny boots anyday! Did I just say that - LOL!

Well here is one for ya. My wife grew up on a beaver farm. WHAT ya, when I first met her and we were dating I told her I was a trapper and spent alot of time gone in the winter. Basicly laying down some ground rules so she don't try to change me. You know!!! She tells me no problem because she grew up on a beaver farm. LOL WHAT??? No you mean a mink farm,fox farm no my dad had beaver, oh ya, one or to he caught. No a couple hundred, some times more if the price was good and orders were up. WHAT!! your crazie don't bull s*** me. She says I have some pictures of when I was little to prove it. Holly crap a beaver farm, creeks with irragation ditches,fences,dog houses, skining sheds, wood piles,ponds, creeks flowing in all directions. WOW is all I could say. This was in Utah early 70s and yes it was not profitable. And yes. I had to marry this girl

Quote Originally Posted by Trakn View Post
    Well here is one for ya. My wife grew up on a beaver farm. WHAT ya, when I first met her and we were dating I told her I was a trapper and spent alot of time gone in the winter. Basicly laying down some ground rules so she don't try to change me. You know!!! She tells me no problem because she grew up on a beaver farm. LOL WHAT??? No you mean a mink farm,fox farm no my dad had beaver, oh ya, one or to he caught. No a couple hundred, some times more if the price was good and orders were up. WHAT!! your crazie don't bull s*** me. She says I have some pictures of when I was little to prove it. Holly crap a beaver farm, creeks with irragation ditches,fences,dog houses, skining sheds, wood piles,ponds, creeks flowing in all directions. WOW is all I could say. This was in Utah early 70s and yes it was not profitable. And yes. I had to marry this girl
    She doesn't wear beaver skin mukluks and organize events for PETA does she? Just kidding.