Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild West Guns... Question?

Default Wild West Guns... Question?

My roommate is going to be in ANC in a couple weeks and I was going to have him bring my HK P30 into your place to have some sights installed. The sights I got, however, are notoriously difficult to install on my gun. Below is a link for a thread I started on HKpro, and towards the bottom of the page a guy posted some pictures of what his sights looked like after he tried to install them himself. Do you think you guys could do a batter job than him, or do you think I would be better off just sending the slide to Heine to have them do it?

Thanks for your input.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...P30-HK45-HK45C)

I think we can fix ya up

I would send it off to Heine. They have a good reputation with customers. WWG has quality control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by EKW View Post
    I would send it off to Heine. They have a good reputation with customers. WWG has quality control issues.
    + 1 from personal experience

From personal experience! I sent a gun from Iowa to WWGuns to get some work done because their reputation clear down in the midwest is good! The Kid did an excellent job on my project and even with the shipping there and back it still cost $75 less than I was quoted by the only real good gun smith in Iowa.

I would have no reservation about the Kid working on anything of mine!

Creating a fake name on this forum to air dirty laundry is a kin to having a yellow streak. How about you go look em in the eye and get this thing ironed out thats eating at you!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    From personal experience! I sent a gun from Iowa to WWGuns to get some work done because their reputation clear down in the midwest is good! The Kid did an excellent job on my project and even with the shipping there and back it still cost $75 less than I was quoted by the only real good gun smith in Iowa.

I would have no reservation about the Kid working on anything of mine!

Creating a fake name on this forum to air dirty laundry is a kin to having a yellow streak. How about you go look em in the eye and get this thing ironed out thats eating at you!
    +1 for my part. I've received nothing but great service from WWG. I can recommend their work without reservation.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    +1 for my part. I've received nothing but great service from WWG. I can recommend their work without reservation.
    +1 for each of the 20 times they've worked on my stuff for me...

Another +1 for them guys,They tuned up a couple of my rifles very well.Every time I walked out there door I've had a smile on this ugly mug of mine.

Awesome! Thanks guys.

Late to the party I know, but another +1 for WWG's
    Afflicted by condition human

Pretty forward looking 'fake name'. Registered in 2008 so he could 'fake' a post in 2010? He may have an issue with WWG, maybe he should work it out, and maybe he's already tried to work it out, but I'm guessing it isn't a fake name. Could be wrong, but I've joined different forums and lurked, read, and learned for years without posting; does that make my first post 'fake'?

I've never had any bad work from WWG, but I've never had any work done by WWG. Is that too fake?

All the work I've had done at WWG has been good to great. I've had problems with some personal interaction, but no problem with the gunsmithing.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

[QUOTE=scottr;847720]Pretty forward looking 'fake name'. Registered in 2008 so he could 'fake' a post in 2010? He may have an issue with WWG, maybe he should work it out, and maybe he's already tried to work it out, but I'm guessing it isn't a fake name. Could be wrong, but I've joined different forums and lurked, read, and learned for years without posting; does that make my first post 'fake'?

I've never had any bad work from WWG, but I've never had any work done by WWG. Is that too fake?[/QUOTE

Well how should I put this. EKW isn't a name he can be recognized by! I could use the name elmerkeithclone (which is also fake and has been used since 2006) and talk trash to whom ever. However my style would be to look em in the eye and say hey I'm Rod and we have an issue we need to deal with! I worked with the public for 30 years and that method at least has a chance of resolving something, Making negative comments behind and "hidden" identity never solves anything!

Wow, I didn't realize that opinions differing from yours were not welcome here. I was merely trying to save the man some money by choosing a reputable gunsmith.Attachment 42736Attachment 42737These 2 pistols were sent back to me after having WWG replace both front sights, after a 2 month wait. And yes WWG offered to "make it right" if I sent them back on my dime. Would you send your pistols back to shop that has such a lack of quality control as to ship these off in the first place?....I will not either. I put up with their arrogance because I thought they were the best. My recommendation to the man is to find another smith. EKW

Wow, I didn't realize that opinions differing from yours were not welcome here. I was merely trying to save the man some money by choosing a reputable gunsmith.Attachment 42736Attachment 42737These 2 pistols were sent back to me after having WWG replace both front sights, after a 2 month wait. And yes WWG offered to "make it right" if I sent them back on my dime. Would you send your pistols back to shop that has such a lack of quality control as to ship these off in the first place?....I will not either. I put up with their arrogance because I thought they were the best. My recommendation to the man is to find another smith. EKW
    I understand your being upset and WWGs should make it right with you and probably would have had you given them the chance. Most gun places that I have dealt with require you to send it back on your nickel and after determining the fault is their problem they will refund the shipping costs. Don't know if that was the case here or not.

WWG simply could not remain in business if it were not for the huge repeat customer base that they have developed because of doing good work. Are they above reproach, heck no? Is there a known gunsmith anywhere that has been at it very long that has batted 1000 on every gun touched, heck no. I had a similar deal with Vulquartsen a few years back. I bought their drop in parts kit for a Ruger MKII which wouldn't drop in. I then sent the gun to them(I paid shipping) they fitted the drop in parts and sent the gun back to me. It stove piped the first trip to the range....back to Volquartsen and this time they got it right. I could have warned everyone to stay clear of them, however 20 of the 32 guys shooting at our league had Volquartsen parts in their guns and swore by them. So what happened to me was unfortunate to say the least and very frustrating but Volquartsen wasn't worthy of a bashing because of it. I read in their material at Brownell's that 93% of Volquartsen's customer base are satisfied with their parts and service....wouldn't you know it I'd be in the other 7%. Sometimes so goes life. Obviously from those that have chimed in on this thread there are some folk who have had great service from WWG and a few have not.

When folk give WWG positive comments nobody asks why. Yet when someone makes a general negative comment everybody wants to know why. Now that you've filled us in on the why I say your opinion has merit.

In the end I say your experience with WWG was the exception rather than the rule not unlike mine with Volquartsen only I gave them two tries to get it right and they did.....you walked away mad after one.

The very best surgeons at Mayo Clinic dealing with life or death situation have a 4% margin of error yet gunsmiths are to be perfect?

The very best surgeons at Mayo Clinic dealing with life or death situation have a 4% margin of error yet gunsmiths are to be perfect?
    I had no idea gunsmithing was that hard. Who knew? Maybe I can get them to check this tumor out too

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I had no idea gunsmithing was that hard. Who knew? Maybe I can get them to check this tumor out too
    I have an opening for surgery tomorrow at noon. However, I am out of anesthesia as all the whiskey is gone. The good news is, however, that the chop saw was just sharpened.

And as one of our specials, circumcisions are a flat $20 for the first 4 inches. Below 4 inches is free

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I have an opening for surgery tomorrow at noon. However, I am out of anesthesia as all the whiskey is gone. The good news is, however, that the chop saw was just sharpened.

And as one of our specials, circumcisions are a flat $20 for the first 4 inches. Below 4 inches is free
    Does the 4 inch rule apply before or after surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Does the 4 inch rule apply before or after surgery?
    Before. I for one am getting mine for free

EKC
    Trust me I did not walk away mad after ONE of WWG's mistakes.
    This is a picture of the dove tail WWG cut in the slide for the new sight. WWG butchered the first attempt at the dove tail. Notice how nice WWG "fixed" their mistake around the dove tail. WWG DID have the slide refinished to hide their butcher job, and called me to offer to refinish the frame so they would once again match, but the frame refinish would be at my expense!
    Attachment 42751
    Was this mistake 3 or 4, I've lost count. The nail in the coffin was when my pride and joy Gold Cup came back with this nice mark on the slide.
    Attachment 42752
    I do not believe I walked away mad after ONE of WWG's mistakes. I decided to cut my losses and protect my firearms from any further damage and abuse.
    EKW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast