Thread: Long Range Scopes

Default Long Range Scopes

Anyone out there long range shooters?? What scopes do you use and why?? Any experience with the NightForce??
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Nothing more than a Burris Black Diamond 3X12 with Mil-Dots on my 50 BMG.

Heres mine, a VX-III 3.5-10x40 with a target elevation turret.

Until I get my Mod 70 .300 RUM to shoot where I want it, I'll stick with a Burris Fullfield 3x9.

Thumbs up Long Range Shootin

I really like my Nightforce NXS. Very clear, rugged, and has 120 MOA elevation adjustment for the distance. Hard to beat

I also just picked up a US Optics which has yet to be mounted. I plan on getting either a GAP 308 or something similar to put under it. The USO scopes are considered the finest for long range shooting.

I have the same setup as Alaska cub, VX-III 3.5-10X40 w/ elevation/windage turrets and a mil dot reticle.

Default Burris

I have a Burris Signature series 6x24 with electrodot on my Weatherby 300. I have a Burris Black Diamond 8x32 on my Armalite 50 bmg. Both have never failed. Lifetime warranty nice to have anyway. Hard to beat for the money. Awesome scopes. However, if money was not an option, the Nightforce scope would be tops in my book. I joined the 50 bmg shooters club when I got my AR-50 and all the top shooters use Nightforce scopes. If anyone would know, these guys would. They shoot 1,000 yard contest and the recoil of a 50 bmg to boot. Nightforce scopes must be something else. I have only heard of them though and never seen one. Depends on if you want to spend $500 or $1600 for the scope I guess. Burris is a great value and is very, very, high quality.